MINUS 'killing' artists?

- open
alexx.wolfe
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by alexx.wolfe »

cloutier wrote:verified by more than a couple sources, m_nus has a mystique you have to adhere to to be on the label, which is why a lot of people use a pseudonym that is ONLY on m_nus (matthew dear is only false on m_nus, ryan crosson is only berg nixon on m_nus, etc). contractually, you basically sign your life, and music, away to them.
I guess its not the reason. they use different names on minus cause the label whats that to happen..

example: " Reagen release on Minus tommorrow! "

" almost every label that have already released reagen will release reagens tracks on compilations next week! "
http://www.myspace.com/alexxwolfe

http://www.myspace.com/suigenerizrecords

IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE FREE SONGS AND UPDATED NEWSLETTER FROM OUR RECORD LABEL, JUST GO TO OUR MYSPACE PAGE AND SUBSCRIBE TO OR NEWSLETTER
jpls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: MINUS 'killing' artists?

Post by jpls »

djreagen wrote: Another example is tractile: I remember a LIVE PA from 2005 that was absolutely killing. Really special stuff, slow bpm very raw sounds. Nowdays when i hear something from then (which is kinda rare) its really not as good as in the old days.
from "then" or "them"? either way you are still listening to old material. tractile was over a long time ago. maybe you are referring to new things by joel?...
cloutier wrote:verified by more than a couple sources, m_nus has a mystique you have to adhere to to be on the label, which is why a lot of people use a pseudonym that is ONLY on m_nus (matthew dear is only false on m_nus, ryan crosson is only berg nixon on m_nus, etc). contractually, you basically sign your life, and music, away to them.
you forgot about the secret handshakes and blood rituals.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

this thread would be more interesting if it involved some wierd gangland minimal mafia turfwars with bodies of producers turning up in ditches& warehouses with m_nus calling cards.

well, obviously it would kinda suck, what with the murders and all. but it would at least be a thead with 20+ pages of replies about minus that actually deserved it.
djreagen
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djreagen »

i like most m_nus stuff too, maybe i was just thinking too much. As i said its maybe not only the case at m_nus, i was only using it as an example but now this thread is already going to a m_nus love or hate topic, it wasnt ment to be like this.

Delete it then :D
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

djreagen wrote:i like most m_nus stuff too, maybe i was just thinking too much. As i said its maybe not only the case at m_nus, i was only using it as an example but now this thread is already going to a m_nus love or hate topic, it wasnt ment to be like this.

Delete it then :D
what the hell did you expect?
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

Oh please.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

oblioblioblio wrote:this thread would be more interesting if it involved some wierd gangland minimal mafia turfwars with bodies of producers turning up in ditches& warehouses with m_nus calling cards.
Now we're talking 8)
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

pff, whatever, for all I care Hawtin is secretly the puppet master behind the financial crisis, I think people just want to know too much about the labels and artists and such, while they should only care about the music. That's all what really matters.

(that's why I don't follow Minus that much anymore, I wish instead of sitting on the tracks for a year or more, they would release it quicker, so it all didn't sound so dated by the time they show up on beatport. But that's their choice of course)