Where do you live?

- open
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

Nice pics everybody.....keep them coming!
nowayback
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by nowayback »

my city is Thessaloniki, 2nd biggest of Greece.
in other languages: Salonique, Salonica, Salonicco, Colun, Selanik, etc.etc.

40°38′ N 22°58′ E

situated right at the crossroad of the Balkans ;)

i live downtown, view from my balcony has turned to be horrible
due to a couple of rapid building constructions lately...
so here are some general pics of the city:

ImageImage
i can remember when the air was clean and sex was dirty.
http://prop4g4nd4.com
Harm Rhebergen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harm Rhebergen »

picture from 1927! the only picture taken from above that I could find..

*I support southern fruits*
ganik
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by ganik »

Few more from Croatia 8)

Island Brac
BRAC, the largest island of the central Dalmatian group of islands, the third largest among the Adriatic islands; area 394.57 sq km; population 13,824. It is separated from the mainland by the Brac Channel, from the island of Solta by the so-called Splitska Vrata (Split Gate) and from the island of Hvar by the Hvar Channel. The highest peak of the island, Vidova Gora (Vitus' Mount) (778 m), is also the highest peak of all Croatian islands.

Island Hvar
HVAR, an island in the central Dalmatian archipelago; area 299.6 sq km (length 67.5 km, width up to 10.5 km); population 11,459. In front of the western part of the southern coast of Hvar are Pakleni Otoci (Pakleni Islands), and in front of the middle part the island of Scedro. A crest stretches across the middle part of the island, with the highest peak Sveti Nikola (St.

Pakleni islands
PAKLENI OTOCI (Pakleni Islands), a series of limestone islets in front of the south-western coast of the island of Hvar. The westernmost of them is Vodnjak Veli (44 m), northwest of it is the islet of Vodnjak Mali, and east of it is the island of Sveti Klement (94 m), the largest island in the group. South of Sveti Klement are the islets of Dobri and Stanbedar, and east of them are the rocks of Plocice.

Kornati Islands
KORNATSKI OTOCI (Kornati Islands), the largest and densest archipelago in the Adriatic Sea; consists of 147 islands, islets and reefs comprising an area of 69 sq km, scattered at an area of 234 sq km. They stretch in the length of about 35 km and the width of 13 km, between the island of Dugi Otok in the north-west and the island of Zirje in the south-east, as well as between the islands of Pasman, Vrgada and Murter in the north and the north-east.

city Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik - the city of a unique political and cultural history (the Dubrovnik Republic, the Statute from 1272), of world-famous cultural heritage and beauty (inscribed on the List of World Heritage Sites by UNESCO) - is one of the most attractive and famous cities of the Mediterranean. Apart from its outstanding natural beauties and well-preserved cul-tural and historical heritage, Dubrovnik also offers high-quality visitor opportunities...

Island Mljet
The Island of MLJET is situated in the far South of Croatia, west from Dubrovnik, Croatia's best known summer resort. A national park of the same name includes a western part of, according to some, the most beautiful island in the Adriatic. The Park is characterised by two deep bays which are called lakes due to their very narrow passages to the open sea (Veliko and Malo jezero/ the Great Lake and the Small Lake), and lush and diversified Mediterranean vegetation.

Plitvice lakes
PLITVICKA JEZERA (PLITVICE LAKES), are the most known Croatian national park and are entered in the UNESCO Register of World Natural Heritage. Sixteen little lakes interconnected with waterfalls created by deposition of travertine, a special kind of limestone, constitute the main attraction of this unique park. The park includes the spring of the Korana River in the area surrounded by dense forests of beech, fir and spruce, partly in the form of primeval virgin forest...

I leave to Plaster his city Pula, which is also really beautiful.....

The rest of Croatia [see, mountains, rivers] you can get when you come here on vacation.... ;)

Enjoy!

PS. Sorry because of long post :lol:
multum in parvo
Harm Rhebergen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harm Rhebergen »

Ganik: I want to come to Croatia! Damn, its so beautifull.. 8)
*I support southern fruits*
ganik
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by ganik »

Harm Rhebergen wrote:Ganik: I want to come to Croatia! Damn, its so beautifull.. 8)
Anytime mate, when ever you want. Its even more beautiful when you feel it. 8)
multum in parvo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 000000 »

Toronto, Canada

thew
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by thew »

000000 wrote:Toronto, Canada

what is that? a city for ants!?

(sorry couldn't help myself) :roll:

my home away from home.

the local pub. The Court House Hotel...Newtown, Sydney...

'My sound is the sound of two sounds making warmth'