Tinnitus

- open
Cloud Catcher
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Tinnitus

Post by Cloud Catcher »

I have had bilateral tinnitus for almost two years now from repeated over exposure to amplified sound. Iv been told by a few people that cannabis can trigger and exacerbate tinnitus so after two years I have finally quit smoking. Just wondering what are other people experiences with with tinnitus.

Cheers Joe.
mech84
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mech84 »

i don't have full blown tinnitus yet but i have noticed that when i'm in a silent room the dull very silent ringing in my ears is starting to get more noticable, so i have bough a good pair of ear plugs and intend to wear them all the time in clubs. I wish i had bought them sooner, and would like to see more people in clubs wearing them.
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

I know someone else on this board has it too, can't remember who though.
Saw a documentary on it once. Didn't look like alot of fun :?
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

So should you be wearing earplugs at clubs dancing and/or performing? Its something I've heard of and know little about - are some people more suspectable to it than others?
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Welll, being exposed to loud sound for hours on end can and will damage your hearing. There have been a few times I've actually left clubs because they were too loud and I forgot to bring earplugs with me.

In most of my day to day life I dont notice it much, but I find it can get rather unbearable at times when I smoke weed right before bed - the ringing hgets /very/ loud to the point of keeping me awake at times.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

well this is A very serious problem - I have one friend (dnb dj) who spent like a week in hospital cuz it just got so bad.

Dont let this sht to start in the first place.
Dont stand in the front of speakers, dont listen at loud volumes through headphones (@ gigs and so on)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Bn1
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bn1 »

I have it - have learnt to deal with it now but it's a terrible thing. Dunno about it being linked to weed smoking (not a big smoker) but I definitely notice it more when I'm tired or stressed..

I assume most people on this board go out pretty regularly to gigs and I'd encourage anyone doing that to invest in earplugs.. The good ones are expensive but even a cheap pair is better than nothing, I wish I had done this when I was younger (when the damage was done)..
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

One night, at a club I was working at, I very authoritatively told a coked up big ass dj whose name I won't mention to "PULL THE FUCKING VOLUME DOWN DUDE!!! THIS IS FUCKING STUPID, OK?". I didn't bother asking nicely... I was pissed because he broke two styluses within a half hour with his time coded vinyl and he was looking at me like it was my fault... he was such an ass, and I was so tired and jumpy that I nearly stomped his laptop with my fist.

It didn't seem like the 8000$ (or so) per night prima donna was used to be spoken to with such a tone. He did pull the volume down.