midi sync - Final Scratch + Ableton

- ask away
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

when you click to sync your midi keys you select the tempo area, then then pick your midi controller (most likely a fader) and then at the bottom you will see the options to change your midi values. this is also a good trick to limit your faders to 0 so you don't go into the red... the reason you have to make it such a small bmp rang for the midi is because 0-127 midi ticks within a rang of 10 beats is only .07 which is better than .1 which is the pitch that most digital pitch faders have offerred (cd turntables). But you should set your beat rang SMALL TO GIVE YOU MORE PERCISION ON MIXES...
milc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by milc »

thanks man!

now it works fine...i'll pratice with one deck and ableton for now.
however, i find it very difficult to set the cue point in ableton audio clip.
zoom in, find the right point, set the cursur, zoom out...and again..
and i miss the right moment to mix in...
it's more difficult than when i've learned to beat match with vynils for the first time...am i stupid or everyone feels like me?

new technology (and the money) might save me...haha
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

milc wrote:however, i find it very difficult to set the cue point in ableton audio clip.
zoom in, find the right point, set the cursur, zoom out...and again..
and i miss the right moment to mix in...
I don't know if you're doing this already, but find the place where you'd like to start the track, and set that with the start clip marker (or whatever it's called). Once you've got it, be sure to save the analysis (in the warp view at the bottom) so you never have to do it again.
milc wrote: it's more difficult than when i've learned to beat match with vynils for the first time...am i stupid or everyone feels like me?
nah, it's just different. once you get used to it, it won't be a problem.
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

yes you should only have to set the 1st cue point once. also i like to set a wapr point near the end of the track and line it up so the beat doesnt gradually stray off where it started...

and the tempo range works wonders, i use a fader to control tempo and it's feels much like mixing with a cdj. i didnt think about applying that to volume/eq control so that it doesnt breach zero, good tip thanks!!
milc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by milc »

yeah..this save fuction is really useful.
and i think loop point setting is also possible.

i'll try all day long for a month...then i'll become a master!! haha

thanks
keithkemp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by keithkemp »

www.m-audio.com

Connectiv/Torque...
milc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by milc »

man...this is crazy...if this thing is compatible with pinky vynil, then my dream will come true..the software supports vst-plug ins!!!