cpu benchmarks

- ask away
tsod
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

cpu benchmarks

Post by tsod »

hi,
can anyone tell me where i can find some useful cpu benchmarks/informations of the lastest cpu's regarding music production?
tsod
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsod »

well im going to make it a bit more precise ;)
im going to get myself a dual core
but im still not sure wether a intel or amd is more suited for music production.. any suggestions?
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

This is just from personal experience but i would go with a 64bit system just to keep it more useable in the future. Currnetly the only multi-tracker that that is capable of 64bit production (that i know of) is Sonar, but soon everybody else will jump on. It really doesn't matter how fast the chip is so much because you will find ways to work with what you have no matter what. The best test of a computer with music production so far that i'v found is if it can run Native Instruments Electric Piano really cleanly. That program will eat up resources like what.
ri
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ri »

AMD is what a lot of software manufacturers recomend.
They have traditionally been really powerful and stable for music applications.

However, in the last little while they've been concentrating on their new path, so they have yielded the top spot to Pentium etc. btu that's only the top spots.

Depends on your budget, maybe let us know how much you have total, and what you are after (ie. monitor etc). then we can see how much is left.

Remember that CPU speed isn't the only thing that will give you a powerful computer, if you scrimp on other parts you will loose performance.
r.i.

let the music talk