Soccer World Championship

- open
DiL8
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DiL8 »

nowayback wrote: My country caused one of the biggest upsets in football history two years ago, winning
the Euro 2004. And yes we played like sht. Solid defence and counterstrikes. But won it.
That's what people remember, the result, not the performance. So give 'em Germans a break,
it's not a contest about who can make the best tricks with a ball...
Yes, that was a huge victory for Greece. Is Otto Rehhagel still coach of the national team? He coached my home town, Bremen, to a few DFB Championships.
Papillon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Papillon »

I wonder why everyone has such a hard time with germany being a successfull team. is it just because you don't like the way they play or is there something like a big picture that you don't like the country, ppl etc (just wondering). I can't image any country that a worldcups is less granted than Germany. :?

To be fair, the game itself coud have been won by both teams. I didn't see argentinia closer to the victory than the german team (although they had more ball possession and were stronger in the midfield) but that doesn't mean anything. Too sad that the argentinian players were bad losers and started some serious brawling action on the field. that was just :evil:
'gameover'
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 'gameover' »

DiL8 wrote:
thew wrote:
'gameover' wrote: germany won't gonna win the cup. that's for sure. bad football.
Yeah terrible fooball! i was really dissapointed with the match. Going into it i thought that it was going to be the match of the tournament and that the winner would take home the cup.

I think i've changed my mind.... :shock:
imo, the teams were evenly matched, hence the semi-boring game and 1-1 tie. I admit, Argentina was the favorite going in...but you can never count out a german squad, especially when playing in their home country. At this stage in the World Cup, any team is capable of beating any other, and in the end, it was the superior goal tender. I don't understand why people have a hard time with Germany being a solid, efficient team. They have three WC championships and have continuously produced numerous top shelf football players.

i guess dat you don't have the idea of how many for export football players come out from latin america, the ones from germany don't even count. is not a solid team just cause they support themselves on block structures on defense, that is not playing good football mate. efficient sometimes, but i dont think that this time they win this cup playing that way and with those players. ballack just SUCKS and it's the ''icon'' of the team, i think that neuville it's a better player to run the midfield on germany than ballack, haven't you all seen how they loose balls? on my brains the only player that i remember, with fine ball control, aiming, you know, as a real 10, was lothar matthaus, later or before... nothing.
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

SCHLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

Germany gotta win the world cup! YEEEEHAAA :lol: :lol:

--

DiL8
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DiL8 »

'gameover' wrote:
DiL8 wrote:
thew wrote:
'gameover' wrote: germany won't gonna win the cup. that's for sure. bad football.
Yeah terrible fooball! i was really dissapointed with the match. Going into it i thought that it was going to be the match of the tournament and that the winner would take home the cup.

I think i've changed my mind.... :shock:
imo, the teams were evenly matched, hence the semi-boring game and 1-1 tie. I admit, Argentina was the favorite going in...but you can never count out a german squad, especially when playing in their home country. At this stage in the World Cup, any team is capable of beating any other, and in the end, it was the superior goal tender. I don't understand why people have a hard time with Germany being a solid, efficient team. They have three WC championships and have continuously produced numerous top shelf football players.

i guess dat you don't have the idea of how many for export football players come out from latin america, the ones from germany don't even count. is not a solid team just cause they support themselves on block structures on defense, that is not playing good football mate. efficient sometimes, but i dont think that this time they win this cup playing that way and with those players. ballack just SUCKS and it's the ''icon'' of the team, i think that neuville it's a better player to run the midfield on germany than ballack, haven't you all seen how they loose balls? on my brains the only player that i remember, with fine ball control, aiming, you know, as a real 10, was lothar matthaus, later or before... nothing.
Gerd Müller, Franz Beckenbauer, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Jürgen Klinsmann, Bernd Schüster and Matthias Sammer to name some...Ballack is the highest paid player in the world, so im sure he doesn't "SUCK". South America is a whole continent, of course they are going to have more international players than a single country. Oh ya...where are the south american teams anyways???
Medik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Medik »

thats right dil8... :!:
'gameover'
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 'gameover' »

haha.. yea, sure that we also have naturalized players in our selections over here right? give me a break..
DiL8
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DiL8 »

I never said s. american players sucked. You said Germany sucks, yet they are still in the WC and no s. american teams are. Stop the whining already and lets let the WC finish. I'm getting bored of this already...