Anyone using Rane Serato Scratch LIVE???

- ask away
Bobby Raven
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bobby Raven »

...good feedback guys, thanks. Just not sure what to spend my hard earned's on...

:wink:
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

bringing this one back up as i got the same question for the coming summer. getting either fs or serato, but not sure what to choose yet.

as i plan to use it on my notebook (not apple/mac/), i'm not sure how the preferences are? i've heard/read a bit about both, but most of the comments are coming from ppl that have only run it on mac os, so not sure if i should choose only based on that.

any help is appreciated as it costs a bit to get one of these :-)
ParanoidDancer
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by ParanoidDancer »

I run SSL on a windows laptop and am very satisfied. Also check out this topic:

http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8989
I have chosen SSL myself and so far I am highly satisfied. I has free software updates and developers who are active on their forum and actually communicate with their customers. I heard many people have severe problems with the Native Instruments support. Also the reaction time for SSL is better (8 milliseconds) then with FS. SSL offers a relative playing mode which is pure genius. It lets you set markers and you can jump thru a song at any time.

The only reason I can think of to buy FS is the looping in FS is easier but less accurate then is SSL. Looping in SSL can be pretty hard when your timing is not all that (what kind of dj are you when you don't have timing ). Also if you want to loop in FS you have to buy traktor which will costs you an additional 200 euros. The same price of a nice redsound loop device.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any questions about SSL ill try to answer them the best way I can.
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

ParanoidDancer wrote:I run SSL on a windows laptop and am very satisfied. Also check out this topic:

http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8989
I have chosen SSL myself and so far I am highly satisfied. I has free software updates and developers who are active on their forum and actually communicate with their customers. I heard many people have severe problems with the Native Instruments support. Also the reaction time for SSL is better (8 milliseconds) then with FS. SSL offers a relative playing mode which is pure genius. It lets you set markers and you can jump thru a song at any time.

The only reason I can think of to buy FS is the looping in FS is easier but less accurate then is SSL. Looping in SSL can be pretty hard when your timing is not all that (what kind of dj are you when you don't have timing ). Also if you want to loop in FS you have to buy traktor which will costs you an additional 200 euros. The same price of a nice redsound loop device.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any questions about SSL ill try to answer them the best way I can.

ah, studid me, didn't see that one! hehe

sounds nice, anyone who use fs2 with windows that got a word or two to say as well? :)
atm it seems like that the more i read about each, the harder it gets to decide :o
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

Vermi, I use SSL and i think its brilliant.. my friends uses FS and I feel like SSL is just easier to just plug in and play.. its also a bit smaller.. they're both good, but i personaly like SSL more.. have no idea how that possibly helped you but thats just what i think out of my experience of using both..