Getting something to mono

- ask away
stefan erhalder
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by stefan erhalder »

kujoma wrote:Both Plugs dont work if I use them on a miditrack the output thats recorded is still in stero. :/
use the utility and set with to 0% and you have a mono signal on the output. mono = both stereo channels contain exactly the same signal. ableton doense't support single-channel mono tracks.
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

if i convert it to mono i have to render everey single midiclip which is a lot of work, espacialy when you wanne change something later.

if i use the utility i have still a signal with same strenght on the left and right side - if i render to mono i have it directly in the middle so the whole basssections "fits" better in the mix. this don't work with the utility
stefan erhalder
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by stefan erhalder »

kujoma wrote:if i use the utility i have still a signal with same strenght on the left and right side
= mono signal in a stereo system.
- if i render to mono i have it directly in the middle so the whole basssections "fits" better in the mix.
i guess your mixing in a stereo system. so if you play back a single-channel mono signal in your stereo mix at pan position 0 you have exactly the same situation as above. the only difference possible is a level difference of about 3 or 6dB, depending on how your host handles mono files.
tzusing
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tzusing »

works like a charm

http://destroyfx.smartelectronix.com/extras/

go and download dfx's monomaker.