Semirk - Smexxie

- music
Semirk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Semirk - Smexxie

Post by Semirk »

New one called Smexxie, looking for a bit more of a dirty sound (don't know if thats been achieved however) with this track. Any feedback of course welcome and feedback guaranteed in return also. :)

http://www.sitesled.com/members/semirku ... mexxie.mp3 please right click and save target as.

[ññP]
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by [ññP] »

it sounds a little dirt...
i don't know...when i use "dirty sounds" i always do for a reason...like i want to express something messy, or sometimes something organic. I like "organick dirty sounds" very much, as a lot of people do...but your song, i don't think it's organic...i see it more as a kind of robotic sound...but if that was the intention i would do something about that snare that sounds so clean and natural...
i don't know, perhaps i'm over-analysing stuff...
then, in my opinion...it wouldn't be a bad idea to mantain a certain element through the track, besides the bassline and drums, so that it would be easier to "understand", perhaps some new elemen, or you can just play with the synth that appears at 2:22...it's just an idea
the other thing you can do, is ignore my whole post hehe...if you feel your track is allright the way it is, then you shouldn't take any advice...that's what i do. It's a fact, when you hear a track that you know it won't be possible to change anything (like on a vynil) you just accept it, but when you know something could change (as in this case) you just start seeing all the things you would change!!
que son esos ruiditos?
Semirk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Semirk »

Thanks for the review and your viewpoints on it. :) Well I din;t want it overly dirty, just something a bit more than with my previous tracks. I'll probably roughen up the sound of the snare something, give it a bit more of a raw edge. I may try and introduce a subtle pad to run all the way through and the synth will get some variations anyway. ;) Its given me some ideas, thanks for that. :)
[ññP]
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by [ññP] »

wow...i feel important! 8)
que son esos ruiditos?