mnml vocals

- open
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

mnml vocals

Post by antonio_pt »

just wondering what are your recs for mnml tracks that have vocals. be it either in a soulful way like cassy's ep on perlon, or on a more abstract/ethereal way like troy pierce/run stop restore stuff (tracks like corporal, etc). crazy vocals also accepted, in a bearback family fashion 8)

any more recommendations?
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

Soulphiction - Presents Man Made Science - Perlon
Ricardo Villalobos - 808 The Bassqueen
Lots of good ones by Herbert
Mr. Negative - The Star Spangled Banger
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
Lennox
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Lennox »

gillsans wrote:
Lots of good ones by Herbert

especially those with Dani Siciliano.. luv her voice !
..infectious stuff..can't get enough...
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

I was never much into vocals once I started getting into the whole minimal sound, and techno in general for that matter.

However, there were a few exceptions that surfaced over the years. One example - The "it's only" track with Dani Siciliano was an incredible piece when it hit the scene. Really had a profound quality about it. I've enjoyed a lot of the more abstract and borderline creepy stuff that's turned up in the last few years as well. The vocals I seem to like the most though are during performances and DJ sets when they are abused and/or dropped as samples at just the right moment...

Also, not "vocals" by classic definition (more technically fall into the rhythm department) but the original False material on Plus8 were some of the most incredible use of the human voice and IMHO, really gave birth to a lot of what happened with the minimal thing for a long time and played into/evolved into some of what's going on now as well. Matthew (Dear)'s jabberjaw material is pretty important as well in the same respect. Older False records and a couple jabberjaw cuts will always be among my favourites.