Here Ya'll Go - My first track on MNML

- music
Nightrider
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Here Ya'll Go - My first track on MNML

Post by Nightrider »

So I made this using Ableton Live, Reaktor 5. It was played out live with mnml editing.

http://www.mnml.nl/~mnmlvin/music/No_Streamers.mp3

Let me know what you think.
Nightrider
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Nightrider »

Artist Name: Tom Hall
Track Name: No Streamers
Genre: Glitch
jhon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jhon »

ok.. i donno what i should say..

this is .. ehm.. TOOOO long.. and what about thoose allmost 2 minutes of just some small clicks before anything happens...

the spastics outcome of these sound that allso are disting and makes my ears scream...

nah... sorry.. cant give you much of a credit for this.. maybe its just me whos not openminded.. its to experimental and i dont feel a meaning in it.. sound like a sound-generated track.. and i reccon that blip the glith electronica vocals it the mix? :)
Nightrider
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Nightrider »

[quote="jhon"].. its to experimental and i dont feel a meaning in it.. /quote]

those small clicks are called glitch and if you listen they're changing.

ok, maybe I should explain how I look at my music a little more. First the title of this site is mnml (meaning minimal). I find it interesting that the general populas require the meaning in things to be spelled out for them, people don't want to think anymore. Well, that's the way the hirarchy want us. So it's glitchy it's mashed and it's experimental, it's live and un-editied and maybe its is slow at times but then again broedom leads to contemplation and self analysis but then again most people resent this as they're probably scared of what they'll find, but I like boredom and drawn out rhythm.

so what's the meaning of your music?
jhon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jhon »

i wasnt trying to diss your track, i was just telling what i felt listening to it.. so no bad feelings i just didnt connect with it.. there is alot of music i dont connect with and i guess thats just what i feel, some other people might love the sh!t that i hate and thats the thing with music, how fun would it be without that. so all respect to you and what you feel about your productions, thats cool.

I just wanted to speak out my thoughts..

Peace...
Nightrider
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Nightrider »

I wasn't pee'd mate don't worry. I was just putting how I work and think into a clearer context.

I know that some people won't like it and some people will, I hate J-Pop but my girlfriend loves it, I love twisted minimal glitch and experimental drone etc. and my girlfriend hates it, but alls cool.
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

Peace mates. Imagine if there would be only Popmusic. That's exactly what makes music interesting. Had you thought before Jay Haze that minimal connected to dub would be cool? 8)
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

first i listened this and was like ok there is no experiment here and the overall feel is boring as hell but listening it again and again it kinda grows on ya and this pure percussion stuff starts to feel really good.
Maybe i'd add some verb or play with decays a bit more but thats it. The sounds are great (what instrument did u use in reaktor?).

nevertheless its kinda on the lenghty side. I'd say around 7 minutes would be ok but who am i to say these kind of things lol.

peace
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...