hey guys, check out my new song "witch cake" and let me know what you think

http://www.7161.com/track.cfm?track__dt ... ic_group=1
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

yo

listening:

for me i think it sounds pretty good...nothing overpowering n sh!t so thats good...so with that out the way...

lets see

i dunno man....like i dig builds and everything, but i think this one is taking way too long to get to something...

lets see
well.....i tihnk this is for someone else....i cant knock it...just not my thing.
i think you should fck with the effects....you use them....but it doesnt seem like your doing anything with them but chaining them to the device and thats it....

i like that pouring of the water thing.....but thats all it does....why not pour the water....throw down some effects and extend the sound and melt it into something later...for a stronger build....

so yeha man its good.....im just throwing sh!t out there and maybe you might agree or think im full of sh!t buta anyway there u go.

later
lippa
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by lippa »

Bad ass song! I like the overall feeling of it. For a first track its good your going in the right direction! Keep it up!
dirtybird
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dirtybird »

i think the drop at 5 min should happen a lot earlier. i like how the track starts out, but my ears want to hear a change sooner than 5 min. the highs seem a little too harsh for my taste, may want to bring em down a tad.

overall it's pretty cool.
hydrostatic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hydrostatic »

yep its definitely has a long build up, that was kinda the idea when i was making it. to have go in a different direction around half way through. ill check those highs dirty bird. thanks for the comments
Semirk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Semirk »

Hey,

Really like the intro on this one, very nice dark stuff. Like the breaks feel too, got a little bit of that going on in my latest tracks too. The intro does drag on a bit too long though but thats what you aimed for and its been said already so thats fine. I guess it'd just due to the fact that overall the tracks around here are between 4-6 mins long.

The vocal fx are cool around the 3 minute mark, along with the extra percussion, they add another dimension to the into section which is good, as they couldn't have come in any later really.

This is a very nice chilled minimal breaks piece from the first 5 minutes, something to definitely relax to and let it take you on its journey more than focusing on when things are about to happen. Then the twist comes in and thats really cool as its a bit unexpected for me and has a nice drive to it before claming down again, i quite like that idea.

Overall a structurally excellent track, refreshing to hear as I'm more the type to rush my elements in my tracks. Good work on this. :)
hydrostatic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hydrostatic »

Semirk wrote:Hey,

Really like the intro on this one, very nice dark stuff. Like the breaks feel too, got a little bit of that going on in my latest tracks too. The intro does drag on a bit too long though but thats what you aimed for and its been said already so thats fine. I guess it'd just due to the fact that overall the tracks around here are between 4-6 mins long.

The vocal fx are cool around the 3 minute mark, along with the extra percussion, they add another dimension to the into section which is good, as they couldn't have come in any later really.

This is a very nice chilled minimal breaks piece from the first 5 minutes, something to definitely relax to and let it take you on its journey more than focusing on when things are about to happen. Then the twist comes in and thats really cool as its a bit unexpected for me and has a nice drive to it before claming down again, i quite like that idea.

Overall a structurally excellent track, refreshing to hear as I'm more the type to rush my elements in my tracks. Good work on this. :)
thanks for the comments, I appreciate them very much. I also listened to a few of your songs very nice work :wink: