which would be the worst part of production for you?

- ask away
Jesse_mtl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jesse_mtl »

i noticed a relation between my pot smoking and track building.

when i smoke, i come up with cool ideas, i lay them out, or i make samples etc. but i cant sequence, mix, or arrange...

when im sober its hard to get in the mood to make a track, but if i can force myself to start, i take my time to actively listen, to sequence and mix etc.. eventually u get a buzz from listenin to a nice groove u made

and then u can smoke when u render it :)
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

honestly the worst part of production for me is....

when i make a song that im satisfied with...then the time in between that song and the next one that makes me feel like im not getting somewhere. I get real frustrated. The part where I feel i had learned my lesson....then i dont.

Every now and then there is a plateau in songwriting...you know when youre there....you seem to be just stuck there....sometimes its short....sometimes its long.....it sucks....

the worst part of production is the wait....sometimes your not even waiting...your just hacking thru it...and nothing happens.....but eventually you reach the next plateau and your happy again...for a moment

:)
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

mlexicon wrote:
the worst part of production is the wait....sometimes your not even waiting...your just hacking thru it...and nothing happens.....but eventually you reach the next plateau and your happy again...for a moment

:)

yes...this is very true and i can relate with you 100%. good parts usually last for a very short period of time. last time i had it for a day and actually made a "good" track...it lasted a bit during the next day, but i only managed to get in the track to actually feel the flow of the arrangement. i hate parts where you feel you touched something special and ur all hyped up and creative for like a week or two, giving the best and then one day...paf, nothing for a months. just plain empty.

yeah man, that's ghay... :)
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.