[arpiar015] ricardo villalobos - empirical house lp

- wax
pirouette
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: [arpiar015] ricardo villalobos - empirical house lp

Post by pirouette »

samples sound good, improvement on some of the boring sh!t he's been putting out
BrokenBo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by BrokenBo »

i have to disagree very strongly with the statement from above. ricardo´s stuff is just boring if you don´t listen. anyone who ever produced electronic music himself knows that his productions are on another level...sound wise and from a sonic experience. he has very unique sound which influenced a very wide range of artists from various genres.

To call his productions "sh!t" is blasphemous tbh. especially when i see some of the praises on this forum for the some of the most super straight forward produced mediocre house tunes.
pirouette
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pirouette »

i could say to my friends who don't wanna watch sharunas bartas movies with me that they just don't get him, but i don't cuz i'd sound like a tool.

it's just taste, man.

basically what you've laid out is an extension on the "what right do you have to judge this artist? could you make something better?" argument, which i didn't really think people still used. anyone can have opinions on what he/she likes and dislikes.

also, raising an artist up to the point where to critique him/her is deemed "blasphemy" is somewhat disturbing. he's just a person, and not everything he creates is gonna work.
davrosji
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by davrosji »

wiwodo finally sees the light of day, although i knew it previously by another name
keep it simple.
BrokenBo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by BrokenBo »

pirouette wrote:i could say to my friends who don't wanna watch sharunas bartas movies with me that they just don't get him, but i don't cuz i'd sound like a tool.

it's just taste, man.

basically what you've laid out is an extension on the "what right do you have to judge this artist? could you make something better?" argument, which i didn't really think people still used. anyone can have opinions on what he/she likes and dislikes.

also, raising an artist up to the point where to critique him/her is deemed "blasphemy" is somewhat disturbing. he's just a person, and not everything he creates is gonna work.
sry but to me calling something "sh!t" is no valid criticism or expression of an opinion...that is why i have a problem with your comment.
i also get that there is personal taste in music involved but there are also objective aspects of music productions and artistic expression which can be somehow measured. music production is a skill and can be judged like one....but calling someones artistic output "sh!t" is straight blasphemy ...no matter who the artist is.
pirouette
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pirouette »

yeah...i don't think you understand what "blasphemy" means
Skinny Papa
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Skinny Papa »

Wrong words on both sides.
BrokenBo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by BrokenBo »

pirouette wrote:yeah...i don't think you understand what "blasphemy" means
okay when you mean that i was referencing to lobos as a god of electronic music or smth...then you right...probably the wrong words. i didn´t mean that....although his impact is omnipresent....anyway. of course you can criticize his output and point out your opinion. i just think a statement like "boring sh!t" about anyones but especially someones work, which is highly regarded by a lof of people who are interested and involved in the production of electronic music is not really the way to discuss his music or any musical/ artistic output in general in music related forum.

We could even start to discuss if "boring" is even an opinion...what does boring mean anyway. when you can´t read, a book is probably boring to you...anyway i wasn´t trying to offend you.