[REVOKE001] Derek Carr - Warm Machines Ep

- wax
brooklyn1
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [REVOKE001] Derek Carr - Warm Machines Ep

Post by brooklyn1 »

I emailed whisper the day after he posted this and never got a response. :?
Save the planet, Kill Yourself.
180gram
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 180gram »

They are charging 15 pounds to ship one record to North America. F***ing insane. Combine this, with the fact that they are intentionally only pressing 120 copies of a goddamn Derek Carr release who's recent KNOE records have sold incredibly well, and the people who are behind this, and it's pretty clear where the intentions behind this release lie.
SanderMartin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SanderMartin »

180gram wrote:They are charging 15 pounds to ship one record to North America. F***ing insane. Combine this, with the fact that they are intentionally only pressing 120 copies of a goddamn Derek Carr release who's recent KNOE records have sold incredibly well, and the people who are behind this, and it's pretty clear where the intentions behind this release lie.
This is not to defend the label owners but for example it would me cost more than 15 pounds to ship one record from the Netherlands to North America so that isn't insane at all.

Don't know the reasons behind the 120 copies but it could be they do this as a hobby and simply don't have more cash lying about and don't repress because they want to focus on new releases :) You could be right though
180gram
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 180gram »

SanderMartin wrote:
180gram wrote:They are charging 15 pounds to ship one record to North America. F***ing insane. Combine this, with the fact that they are intentionally only pressing 120 copies of a goddamn Derek Carr release who's recent KNOE records have sold incredibly well, and the people who are behind this, and it's pretty clear where the intentions behind this release lie.
This is not to defend the label owners but for example it would me cost more than 15 pounds to ship one record from the Netherlands to North America so that isn't insane at all.

Don't know the reasons behind the 120 copies but it could be they do this as a hobby and simply don't have more cash lying about and don't repress because they want to focus on new releases :) You could be right though
Yes, but not a fair comparison for you to make, unfortunately. Shipping prices from NL are very well known to be completely absurd - as much as it sometimes hurts me, I and many others routinely avoid buying records from sellers and retailers in your country. It is simply not possible.

The UK, on the other hand, isby very ,very, very far, my number 1 source for records. So I know what shipping prices from there are like, and they range from as little as 4 pounds per record on the low end to maybe about 8 or MAXIMUM 10 pounds but in those cases the seller is probably looking to just slip in a few extra bucks of profit. So 15 pounds for one record is totally unheard of. It just doesn't exist man. It is completely impossible that someone will airmail me a record from the UK, charge 15 quid to ship it, and not pocket at least 5-7 of those.
180gram
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 180gram »

Also not buying the not enough money to press more than 120 copies of a Derek Carr record. Borrow it from someone, it's a safe investment, as recent history would show. And in the worse case, they could have collected payment before or did it through some kick starter campaign. I mean seriously, in 2016, are you gonna only press 120 copies of a Seafoam or a Callisto record? No. I's the same idea. It's sketchy and it doesn't make sense to me, personally.
rezoruno
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by rezoruno »

and it's delayed from one month...
brooklyn1
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brooklyn1 »

Save the planet, Kill Yourself.
emelie
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by emelie »

b2 is beautiful
reminds me of a friend that recently passed away a few months ago...
he wouldve loved it too <3
sprinkle that salt x