[REVOKE001] Derek Carr - Warm Machines Ep

- wax
whisper12
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[REVOKE001] Derek Carr - Warm Machines Ep

Post by whisper12 »

Hi guys,

Just thought I would let you know I have set up a new label called Revoke, our first release will be Derek Carr, a selection of old unreleased and new tracks - no represses of old tracks.

Revoke is Vinyl only 120 presses no repress or digital, we have sold nearly half the presses already. Email benleigh600@gmail.com if interested, sound clips will be up next week.

Cheers,
Ben
Eragon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: [REVOKE001] Derek Carr - Warm Machines Ep

Post by Eragon »

Intrigued (-)
Pervade
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Pervade »

May I ask why you would only press 120 copies? + no repress
If you believe in the product and half of the copies have sold already you would not limit the supply so much unless you're trying to generate your own discogs shark hype...
Get busy listenin', or get busy dyin'.
rezoruno
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by rezoruno »

I guess they're trying to replicate the "UK white label ethos". You know, ukg dubplates that were pressed in very limited quantities.

However, there are a lot of things that bug me there. With the rise of Discogs/Youtube, these releases won't remain "secret" (as it was the case with the aforementioned white labels). And advertising it is also non-sensical.

Plus the fact that this label is co-runned by Anil Lal (spa5tik0lonz on Discogs) aka "buy this release before it gets expensive".
Bengi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Bengi »

rezoruno wrote: (spa5tik0lonz on Discogs) aka "buy this release before it gets expensive".
this made my day :)
LSTL
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by LSTL »

rezoruno wrote:I guess they're trying to replicate the "UK white label ethos". You know, ukg dubplates that were pressed in very limited quantities.

However, there are a lot of things that bug me there. With the rise of Discogs/Youtube, these releases won't remain "secret" (as it was the case with the aforementioned white labels). And advertising it is also non-sensical.

Plus the fact that this label is co-runned by Anil Lal (spa5tik0lonz on Discogs) aka "buy this release before it gets expensive".
Still i am not really understanding your point. And the reason why Anil is involved should matter with it.
Maybe (as you answered yourself) their aim is not to be a secret label? Everyone lately is advertising no repress and strictly limited copies : what's the difference? Even half of them maybe had digi or represses after a short while.
New label, good producer. Like it? Buy it. Don't like it? Skip it.
Haters gonna hate for sure, but that is non-sensical imho.
rezoruno
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by rezoruno »

Maybe (as you answered yourself) their aim is not to be a secret label? Everyone lately is advertising no repress and strictly limited copies : what's the difference? Even half of them maybe had digi or represses after a short while.
New label, good producer. Like it? Buy it. Don't like it? Skip it.
Haters gonna hate for sure, but that is non-sensical imho.
That's not the point. The question wasn't "do I have to buy this release ?". It was "why 120 copies only ?". I tried to give an answer, but still it lacked sense to me.
I'm not hating (I might buy this release), I'm juste expressing puzzlement.

And the reason why Anil is involved should matter with it.
Maybe because a label is the impersonification of its owners.
LSTL
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by LSTL »

rezoruno wrote:
And the reason why Anil is involved should matter with it.
Maybe because a label is the impersonification of its owners.
Assuming that Anil is such a bad person, on the other hand, it's a fact he has a wide and huge knowledge about electronic music.
According to your statement then it must be a label with good outputs! So i really feel to say welcome.
p.s. not Anil's friend, just my 2c. Peace