[TRM02] TREATMENT - UNTITLED 02

- wax
stadist
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: [TRM02] TREATMENT - UNTITLED 02

Post by stadist »

Yes Themis, it's true, there are food, film and music critics but generally those who critics also have knowledge on the process involved in the production of the film, music or whatever they express their opinion on. It's part of their job.
I would like to know if you have any experience on the process of making music..?

As for the sound that each of the producers have, it's part of their being. Since for ever, starting with classical music composers, in fact each individual person perceives music differently, that's what makes us different as human beings. This fact is also true when it comes to electronic music producers.
You say you have nothing against the artists themselves, yet through your words you insult their way or hearing and feeling music and I'm sure that if you would have some knowledge in producing music you would better appreciate their work and maybe tell the difference between complex music and "boring" music as you call it here.

I have seen cases when you praise a release that production wise is mediocre and "sh!t" on a release that maybe is better produced.
I have also seen cases in which you praised music that sounds a lot like romanian tracks but are not romanian tracks (please check Ion Ludwig's album which is a very nice release btw) . If they were made by a romanian producer you would probably say they are worthless pieces of crap..

I think there's a lot of hypocrisy here and you guys seem to enjoy being a part of it. Like I said, at first I used to check it out with interest, but now I just think it has degraded to some dudes making fun of what they "think" is good or bad.

To answer all your questions I don't think the promoters are guys who didn't make it as DJs. Some promoters are djs who book artists that they appreciate, others just want to make money and others are just people passionate about music.

And even though my remark may have seemed rude to you I wrote "Peace" because I have nothing against anyone here, I don't know you personally but I think your behavior towards some things is wrong.

Cheers
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

Saying a release is boring is not insulting imho. Melchior and Ricardo have put many boring releases/remixes in the past years. It's ok producers make sh!t tracks from time to time, it's fine for me, producing is an evolving art you need to make sh!t music to keep improving. I will still support them no matter what.

And if there are many of us saying romanian music is sounds boring... Maybe it is indeed boring! 90% does nothing for me. Pedro music is very decent and the sound is very different from the rest of his folks, with nice speakers/headphones and proper room I can hear it. I can save too some selected tracks from Rhadoo, Dan Andrei, Cristi Cons and I'm probably forgetting someone but, for the most part the music is empty. Minimal grooves that wander with no direction surrounded with an aura of mysticism, I got tired after the third release. You can support them if you like that and say BOMB RELEASE, SECRET WEAPON, etc.. I have no problem but I'm free to say my opinion too.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

stadist wrote:you guys are probably bedroom djs who haven't made it anywhere so you lay down all your frustrations on this website !
Actually, i'm a well-booked wedding dj. I play mashups of Celine Dion and latest romanian beat tracks. I go by the name DJ Rh-i-do.
LSTL
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by LSTL »

stadist wrote:Yes Themis, it's true, there are food, film and music critics but generally those who critics also have knowledge on the process involved in the production of the film, music or whatever they express their opinion on. It's part of their job.
I would like to know if you have any experience on the process of making music..?
Starting from the point that a critic can be positive and not only negative, if you go to a restaurant for the first time, you're not able to say your friends your opinion about it because you are not a chef. Right?
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

stadist wrote: I have seen cases when you praise a release that production wise is mediocre and "sh!t" on a release that maybe is better produced.
I have also seen cases in which you praised music that sounds a lot like romanian tracks but are not romanian tracks (please check Ion Ludwig's album which is a very nice release btw) . If they were made by a romanian producer you would probably say they are worthless pieces of crap..
worthless piece of crap!?

seriously i would not use this words on any music at all.
i checked all my posts one year back from today, and i made one comment under a barac release, which was rather positive cause i was interested in one track.

so i dont know why you are calling me out here, maybe instead of exploding suddenly out of nowhere, next time just join the discussion if you see something that you dont like :)
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

stadist wrote:As for breton's sarcasm I do not agree with you. That's why I took it personally on some level because I think his idea of sarcasm is insulting to other people and sometimes even a particular group.
I can acknowledge how you may feel a line was crossed with that specific and thank you again for expressing your thoughts here. I agree that was in very poor taste.. I don't take you're words lightly. that specific post has been addressed.

There is also a flag post option, which notifies me as a marker in the thread that can be easily spotted moving forward.