Random Questions Thread

- open
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Random Questions Thread

Post by breton »

@Themis Maybe you can buy a repress and A/B them for me :) Just kidding of course.

@John Well, maybe they do. Damnwords seems to be just as unimpressed with the sound of his OG copy as i am with my repress. Maybe that's just how they're supposed to sound like... TBH, i'm pretty confident that this is the case... just making sure.
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by damnwords »

It's not an og copy, I bought it new from hardwax about 6 months ago, it's surely a repress.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

@damnwords Oh, you... The mystery remains then.
Just in case, my copies are several years old.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Maybe that's just they're supposed to sound like..
I remember my favorite Maurizio record may have been mastered at a lower level - maybe, but was never "thin". so as now stated it wasn't the original, and it seems the represses may not have come out as warm as the originals. perhaps they sold some of their magical equipment to pay for expenses over time... the idea of a main street record and sounding thin is a complete contradiction. * perhaps they lost some of their magical engineers from that time... but I'd say there is a strong chance your music ear and instinct isn't wrong...
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

edit : just noticed you're after this one too : "Find a Way" ....

which I do have. any particular track ?
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

breton wrote:@Themis Maybe you can buy a repress and A/B them for me :) Just kidding of course.

@John Well, maybe they do. Damnwords seems to be just as unimpressed with the sound of his OG copy as i am with my repress. Maybe that's just how they're supposed to sound like... TBH, i'm pretty confident that this is the case... just making sure.

i was serious, but i dont have to buy it, cause i have it already, thats why i offered to record a sample :)

if i have time today i do it.

EDIT: ah i now i get it, you already have the repress you search for samples of the originals. i have only the represses too :/
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

John Clees wrote:edit : just noticed you're after this one too : "Find a Way" ....
which I do have. any particular track ?
Could you give the title track (A1) a listen then?
How does it sound? Is it about 10% quieter than most other records? Does it sound sort of muffled?
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Good specific questions. I'll see if I can pull it out today and give it a listen...