[PERL103] Melchior Productions ltd - Meditations 1-3

- wax
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: [PERL103] Melchior Productions ltd - Meditations 1-3

Post by Themis »

one track even has elements from his no disco future album ..
i mean buy some new hardware once in a decade, and make some new sounds

children vocals .. really ? Oo sounds like ricardo - enfants, that track basically destroyed all children vocals for me for ever.

there is way better stuff coming out, in my humble opinion.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

Themis wrote:there is way better stuff coming out, in my humble opinion.
Like what?
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

if i think about it, that didnt came across right.

its not that its bad, its just like the 20th iteration of ricardo remixes
if you own the essential albums, and some of the older stuff from melchior, i dont see why anyone would get excited over that.

if its a release on perlon i just think, ok hit me with something new, something you cooked up the last year in your studio.

then i listend to samples and i hear
.) a track which sounds like a remix between don juan and todu mundo ep
.) a track where he just reused the baseline of some other 3 year old track
.) a track with cheesy children vocals

ok thats only 3 out of 6, but from that point on it doesnt really justify the over excitment some people here have.

or its just that im not into melchior anymore :D
when i think about it, the best output from him for me in recent years was Twin TM ‎– Keeper Of The Threshold (ASC5), and that was a collaboration where i dont know how much he contributed
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

bought one perlon record in the last 3 years.. that was the sprinkles remix.. i still think that was the most original and unexpected track coming out on that label between 2012 and now and i was hoping this release would indicate an era of new artists coming to the label, but no..

tons of portable, margaret, fumiya, mara trax ... so the direction the label chose was certainly not my alley..

as for those melchior tracks, i agree with themis.. have lots of early stuff from him on aspect, playhouse, the 2 records on arpiar and the vulva tracks, so no don't see the urgent need to buy this ep, will give it a close listen when it hits my local record store..
Last edited by roland on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

roland wrote:tons of portable, margaret, fumiya, mara trax ... so the direction the label chose was certainly not my alley..
+1

Not that this artists produce bad music, but in many cases the whole EP didn't justify placing an order. These days I just try to get most bang per buck when I order vinyl, otherwise I just wait for the digital release (of course not in the case of perlon).
pure_evil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pure_evil »

What Themis said. Not bad at all, but obviously not as good as some of the comments on here suggest.
Badea Mandea
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Badea Mandea »

damn, meditation 5 is a version of the track played by rpr in the kazantip set and raresh at halcyon shop. the one they play sounds a little simpler, kind of like it more, oh well.
brooklyn1
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brooklyn1 »

Badea Mandea wrote:damn, meditation 5 is a version of the track played by rpr in the kazantip set and raresh at halcyon shop. the one they play sounds a little simpler, kind of like it more, oh well.
yes 35 minutes of the halcyon set. Someone said it was going to be next Aspect at the time and that didn't happen.

Nice to see its mostly being released though.
Save the planet, Kill Yourself.