Raresh for fabric 78 ??

- open
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: Raresh for fabric 78 ??

Post by Themis »

i think electronic music would be not nearly as big when people wouldnt release their music.
also i think it has nothing to do with what you said pure_evil why they dont release more.
producing tracks as an artist and dont even consider releasing them, is like beeing a DJ but you only want to play in front of very few people.

i think it has more to do with, not finding labels, or thinking that its worth a release.

like blizt said the market for this kind of music is kind of small and it gets smaller compared to 2 years ago for example.

still an artist not thriving to release their music, is like an writer not selling books ..
pure_evil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pure_evil »

Themis wrote:i think electronic music would be not nearly as big when people wouldnt release their music.
also i think it has nothing to do with what you said pure_evil why they dont release more.
producing tracks as an artist and dont even consider releasing them, is like beeing a DJ but you only want to play in front of very few people.

i think it has more to do with, not finding labels, or thinking that its worth a release.

like blizt said the market for this kind of music is kind of small and it gets smaller compared to 2 years ago for example.

still an artist not thriving to release their music, is like an writer not selling books ..
Do you mean its not worth quality wise, as in they do not think the tracks are good enough or ?
blizt wrote: You make it sound like there is actually thousands of people buying the arpiar releases, where in fact it's just (me included) a small bunch of electronic music nerds. I'm pretty sure Jamie Jones and his hot natured whatever labels triple (at least) the sales figures from the arpiar releases. Really, the world is not collapsing if the guys put out more music. How many people in the club spend the day after searching for the music they heard last night? How many people go to the club to hear again that mental track that is still not released? 5%? I'm being generous...
Well i didn't mean to make it sound that way, so my bad. And i agree that they should release more music, no doubt. But its also obvious why they don't do it right? If you like both labels you gave as example Hot creations and arpiar - the news of a release from which would hype you up more ? arpiar right ? Would that be the same if they were putting out 10 releases a year ? The actual rarity (other than quality) of the release makes it more valuable no? Or at least in the eyes of electronic music nerds :D

And i know what you mean, everyone has tried finding tracks in the morning after. Im not saying that this 1 mental track, as you said, would make people go back to the club, but a set with 5-6-7 of these tracks surely would make you go see the same Dj again ? not purely for those particular tracks but out of curiosity wouldn't it ? Whats it going to be like this time ?
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

if you blend out every music from romanian artists in the last 4-5 years, and then listen to one of these unreleased tracks, you might say its a good track and deserves a release
now blend back in all of the music that was released in the last 5 years, now its still ok .. but kind of late to the party.

and i think thats what most romanian labels think when they listen to these tracks. like its ok, maybe we play it even on our partys, its not bad music, but does it really justify the work put into a vinyl release? does it really add something new? and cause nearly all people who are interested already have the track digital before release, is there a market outside of romania for it?

i think the scene needs some development, some new influence, to get really motivated again, and if you are planning to do a label who constantly over a long time puts out stuff, you have to be motivated.
pure_evil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pure_evil »

But theres dozens of these "romanian" releases (quite of them poop) coming out and selling OK so whats a few more ? I agree with you to some extent, obviously not all of these tracks are worth releasing for the reasons you've mentioned. But you can't possibly think that ALL these tracks are not being released because they're just not good enough? Why would people moan about unreleased tracks which are not worth it ? Listening to rhadoo's mix which you mentioned earlier has at least a few tracks which are worthy of release imo
sipage
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sipage »

Themis, spot on with your analysis, my all time favourite mix CD is still and might always be Fabric 07 Hipp-e & Halo and there are only three tracks on the album that after a long search I do not own on one format or another and one of them is the only track on the mix I am not interested in buying. Now that mix influenced me in a big way. It's very special to me and it just sounds so darn good even today.
igotsoul
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by igotsoul »

Rhadoo was simply trying to get those artists a deal to release their tracks, he was helping them.

LE: and some of the tracks got released
handsuphandsup
sipage
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sipage »

JSZ said "There are plenty of mixes online available for free that are better than commercial ones. Podcasts, promo mixes, live recordings, etc."

I'm interested, can you share one of these mixes with us, I'd love check one / some out.
jsz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jsz »

sipage wrote:JSZ said "There are plenty of mixes online available for free that are better than commercial ones. Podcasts, promo mixes, live recordings, etc."

I'm interested, can you share one of these mixes with us, I'd love check one / some out.
On heavy rotation :)