Harder Faster Techno Sounds - Detroit?

- open
sipage
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Harder Faster Techno Sounds - Detroit?

Post by sipage »

Hey guys was hoping to get some suggestions from you all, I’ve been making an concerted effort to buy more of the harder techno sounds recently for listening to while running and exercising. I like to buy full digital versions of tracks, so far I have found a few tracks I enjoy by Markus Suckut, Robert Hood, Floorplan, Joel Mull, Ben Sims. Can you suggest some good labels for me to refer to and artists who make funky underground techno as described above so i can start my joureny as it were . . .
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Harder Faster Techno Sounds - Detroit?

Post by cloutier »

just get "decks, efx + 909" by richie hawtin and call it a day. all you really need. ever.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
sipage
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sipage »

Cheers for the suggestion, I've already got that CD mix compilation and I still listen to it. I'm looking for newer singles / releases if you can help.
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

do you expect a complete listing of records?

i mean this is to easy and you won`t be satisfied because you didnt found it by yourself. enjoy the records you find by yourself.

you got the right direction. use discogs. the rest is the way you go and the record you will find.
sipage
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sipage »

Cheers for taking the time to reply, but I feel you have a wrong attitude to music. i feel that music is not a competition, music is not something to simply to make you "cool", music is not something to keep secret to yourself, music is for sharing, music is for bringing people closer together And mostly music is meant to be listened to and enjoyed.

i'M still interested in reading from people that like to talk about music and share tracks / artists labels they think are worth listening to.

Edit: been on the net today and found a few tracks so far, not particularly hard, but doing it for me.

Robert Hood – Silenth Noises
Markus Suckut – Multiverse
Svreca –Making Circles
Joell Mull – track From The Past

This forum has gotten rather quiet over the last year and it'd be nice to chat about music with other like minded people.
Field
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Field »

sipage wrote:[..] I enjoy Markus Suckut, Robert Hood, Floorplan, Joel Mull, Ben Sims. Can you suggest some good labels for me [...]
Heard Joel Mull perform in 2007 and I remember I was very much impressed with his steady flow of dark, rolling basslines. Him being from Stockholm, I suggest you check more from the Swedish techno lords, Jesper Dahlback, Alexi Delano, Adam Beyer and Cari Lekebusch. In fact you should check the whole back catalogue of Svek. That label will blow your mind.

I know you are looking for newer releases, but fck that, you can’t discard quality music because of it’s year of release. That’s nonsense. Ohh and Robert Hood and Floorplan are one and the same. For more funky harder stuff you could check Gene Hunt.

More specifically for running I can recommend you to check the Mixmag live mix from High Contrast. It will instantly increase your running speed and break your personal record. The energy release of the music fits perfect with running 12.5 km/h for 40min.
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

sipage wrote:Cheers for taking the time to reply, but I feel you have a wrong attitude to music. i feel that music is not a competition, music is not something to simply to make you "cool", music is not something to keep secret to yourself, music is for sharing, music is for bringing people closer together And mostly music is meant to be listened to and enjoyed.

i'M still interested in reading from people that like to talk about music and share tracks / artists labels they think are worth listening to.

Edit: been on the net today and found a few tracks so far, not particularly hard, but doing it for me.

Robert Hood – Silenth Noises
Markus Suckut – Multiverse
Svreca –Making Circles
Joell Mull – track From The Past

This forum has gotten rather quiet over the last year and it'd be nice to chat about music with other like minded people.
No you got me wrong! I just want tell you that there are alot of releases out there of that kind of music.

So you can easily find "your" way or interpretation of techno.

No competion no stress just music ;)
sipage
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sipage »

Hi Field, seems like we are on the same page, I love running to D&B, it’s the perfect tempo for a good steady run. If you fancy a change of music any DJ mix by Tony De Vit excellent for this purpose too, I’ve got most of his old Global Underground mix CD’s and they’re a riot.

Also think I’ll enjoy searching SoundCloud for a DJ mix by Joel Mull in that case as I’m all about the steady flow, it’s a lot harder to pull off than people would think.

I checked out Svek last night and wow, for some old tracks they’re still sounding fresh, Stehan Grieder’s Sub and Shass and Dahlback’s Midnight Express / Brommage Dub and Kaos. Really interesting label as they have what seems like a tonne of slow house / breaks, so really varied.

Never heard of Gene Hunt, going to get on that as well and see what I can find out.