sye- drone on

- music
sye
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

sye- drone on

Post by sye »

Hi there all. I'm obviously new to this new forum. I just thought I'd post one of my own tracks straight up, so I'm sorry for not reviewing other tracks before posting my own. Thanks lots, i hope u like it

http://www.mp3.com.au/track.asp?id=121402
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

i like this

at first i wasnt sure, but it got me...theres enough going on, and the percussions right...

this song has an uneasyness to it that interests me alot

i cant comment on audio quality because im listening kinda low volume, but it sounds good
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

writing as we go:
i'm listening and constantly thinking: this could benefit from file quality improvement. Damn I like the sounds but I don't hear them :s
The production I like. The uneasy feel :)
This gives me the creeps. (ok I'm SO stoned right now and all music seems to be ok but this is good)

please 192 or 256 letsgo, there's some frequencies hidin'
damn i like this track, it won't let go :)

(only thing not liking, is that "badly filtered gunshot"-like sound. That I don't like @ all)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenada »

:D

No large speakers available here, but I do have some pretty good AKG headphones.

Are you sampling steel grinders or something? that intro is very well crafted, I really like the shuffled percussion in the beat too. I think the hard panning synth that comes in at 2:20 is too loud, when somethings panning that hard and wide, it can be relatively deep in the mix and still very audible.
the little breakout at 2:50 is great, very closer to the edit.
You've got a good bottm end going when everything drops away after 3 mins into the breakdown.
The change at 4:26 was a bit cold/dry for me, maybe leave some lingering reverb to help to meld the 2 sections together.
the rev sections at 5:07 are too forward in the mix too, try toning them down, they'll still have the same effect.

yeah this is a cool track nice use of effects and a good overall sound/structure.

nice work.

Scott
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05
sye
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sye »

Thanks every one for there comments and criticisms its all helped alot. Yeah the track is at 128 so alot of the sound quality is lost which is quite annoying. that gunshot sound is actually a time-stretched, bit crushed 808 snare maybe i should fix it up a bit. Thanks again

Simon
sohrab
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sohrab »

very good mate.bass sound is awesome.
but sounds a little proggy too