[PFTV 001] Rhythm plate - Lean

- wax
pastapiu
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[PFTV 001] Rhythm plate - Lean

Post by pastapiu »

For those who not yet own this killer, a reissue including two additional tracks. The B side was to be released on Mantis but didn't go through back then.

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/lean/477792-01/
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: [PFTV 001] Rhythm plate - Lean

Post by resolved »

4/5 most recent posts on here reissues and represses. yawn.

previously unreleased versions sound rubbish.
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

well there's clearly a market for reissues because of prices on discogs at the moment. seems really stupid that you would diss something that gives fans of music a way to buy the records they sought after for many years without breaking the bank. the artists also get discovered by new fans and get a little bit of wedge in their pocket from the releases, yet you find this all yawn?
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by resolved »

i'm not dissing reissues particularly, but the current deluge of them is a bit draining. feels like every single record ever released is getting rereleased.

anyway, this record was released on mantis. anybody who spends some time digging ina real world shop could find this for 99p eventually. and nobody has really been looking for this or the nail for "years"... both were reasonably priced even on discogs until a year or so ago when some trendy djs started playing them.

but i am not actually going to try and stand up and defend the indenfensible.
Last edited by resolved on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

yeah haha of course wait i buy a ticket to london or berlin for 100 euro and take a hotel for 50 to search for a record for 1 euro maybe i get lucky
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

resolved wrote:i'm not dissing reissues particularly, but the current deluge of them is a bit draining. feels like every single record ever released is getting rereleased.

anyway, this record was released on mantis. anybody who spends some time digging ina real world shop could find this for 99p eventually. and nobody has really been looking for this or the nail for "years"... both were reasonably priced even on discogs until a year or so ago when some trendy djs started playing them.

but i am not actually going to try and stand up and defend the indenfensible.
There are so many records coming out that are not reissues. perhaps in the last few days on this board for sure, but what gets promo'd on here is such a small % of what actually gets released and sold.

I have been searching for years for this rhythm plate one (i live in london and regularly go to the 2nd hand stores london has to offer and have yet to come across it.)

both the nail and this one have been expensive for quite some time now. i bought that nail double pack for about £30 3 or 4 years ago after hearing it in them andrew weatherall bloodsugar mixes. Discogs is just going to get worse as well, so I think there will more of this to come. I just wish labels would re-release the entire release how it was released originally. I really wanted that tek version of the soul capsule, but doesnt look like ill ever get it on vinyl now.
Last edited by ray parry on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by resolved »

pretty sure you would be more likely to find this one outside of london or berlin, mantis was a huge label and its records were sold everywhere. but i get your point. and i realise my position is extreme. i like collecting records, hunting for them and finally finding a copy - even if that means waiting years. to me that feels better than clicking buy on juno. but its a personal thing. of course i can see the wider argument for reissues being a good thing is much stronger.
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by resolved »

that's funny about the rhythm plate, since i sold my second copy of lean (which i bought in london for 99p like my first one) on discogs less than a year and a half ago... and it took about a month to sell for ten quid.