Sausage fest

- open
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Sausage fest

Post by aut.t.n »

What I mean is...

- the music played by apriar nowadays is pretty standard and not at all as inspiring as it used to be some years back
- my impression is that a lot of the guys are there (or maybe, it's an assumption) just because it's apriar
- the next assumption is that maybe the girls are not so much attracted by the fact it's famous apriar playing but are rather looking for a good party with music that's fun to dance to (and yes, imhpo that is not the case for a lot of stuff I heard from apriar recently)
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

my friends and I seen Rhadoo play in ibiza last month.

My girl friends hated it. Thought it was very boring....I think girls prefer fun upbeat house music they can dance too as apposed to the spaced out minimal sounds rhadoo was playing..

I thought his set could have been better aswell as i wanted to dance and not sway for 4 hours to deep minimal stuff
Badea Mandea
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Badea Mandea »

maybe because the music rpr plays and romanians in general is more to listen to, and be carried away than the more housy sneak or phill weeks stuff. i don't want to sound pretentious or anything...
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

Badea Mandea wrote:maybe because the music rpr plays and romanians in general is more to listen to, and be carried away than the more housy sneak or phill weeks stuff. i don't want to sound pretentious or anything...
if you do enough drugs .. you will get carried away eventually :D
Badea Mandea
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Badea Mandea »

if you do enough drugs you will get carried away just starring at a freaking wall, but that is not the point.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

breton wrote:Why does when the Romanians play, the dancefloor turns into a sausage fest?
jesus. that's hilarious. funny topic.

I think all good points have been identified. girls like party - fun music. yes, there sound has remained the exactly same. it's one thing if your a dj/producer/ or avid listener of very specific music to understand something may be a re:edit, and you can immensely appreciate it, however this is not the case for a regular typical party goer... what was new re:edits a few years ago, now are just lifeless tracks. yes, it sounds the same for two straight hours. I can't really listen to any of the dj sets anymore either. I always dive in with excitement.. trying to find something delicious.. but typically they are deleted... yes, as with any nitch market, it's hype that carries them though when the newness wares off..

in the end : hype is just that ...hype.... and/or a fad.
as quickly as it comes ... is as quickly as it dissolves..
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

the endless count of romanian producers and djs who ride the hype wave of arpiar is pretty sad

but i see the hype declining pretty fast
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

So what (not cheesy) djs can teach the Romanians a lesson on how to make girls dance?
Apart from a certified girl magnet and occasional charmer Ricardo, of course, because i don't know why would he bother helping them after he himself put a jinx on them.
I've heard the Visionquest djs always manage to make the ladies happy, but i've never seen them play and their sets on Soundcloud are borderline cheesy.