Sequencing (DIY)

- ask away
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Sequencing (DIY)

Post by tsankip »

steevio wrote:
Sound-wise for me there's not much difference between this, your Freerotation 2011 and your Freerotation 2010 video. Don't get me wrong, I really like your music, but I'm struggling to see the endless possibilites you're reffering to all the time when it pretty much sounds the same. Maybe you're only talking about sequencing?
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

tsankip wrote:
Sound-wise for me there's not much difference between this, your Freerotation 2011 and your Freerotation 2010 video. Don't get me wrong, I really like your music, but I'm struggling to see the endless possibilites you're reffering to all the time when it pretty much sounds the same. Maybe you're only talking about sequencing?
i'm only talking about sequencing,

and i havent even started to scratch the surface with it, i'm just starting out, thats why i said i would post stuff as it developed. personally i think the Fr2010 vid is reallly basic, i'd only been using my modular for about 6 months at that point.
the sequencing in this vid is way more complex. the overall sound is basically the same because thats my sound.
please dont think i'm trying to big up my own music, i'm just explaining my methods because Jonas asked for opinions on sequencing...
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

JonasEdenbrandt wrote:INow this semester we mostly have less practical courses like math and stuff so i wan't to have a project to work on anyway for the fun of it.
Don't underestimate the applications of math. A deep understanding of math can make previously impractical endeavours quite practical and productive.
ekwipt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ekwipt »

For more linear sequencing check out the Midibox SEQ V4Lite:

http://midibox.org/forums/topic/15979-m ... eq-v4lite/
JonasEdenbrandt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JonasEdenbrandt »

wow thanks for all the input. The whole idea of beeing able to send the same patterns to different instruments and to modulate patterns is very cool. Im prolly gonna start with an easy 8 step midi thing to begin with and then try to figure out how to modulate the patterns and send them to different instruments.