FS: Motu 828 mk1 , Echo Audiofire 4

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

FS: Motu 828 mk1 , Echo Audiofire 4

Post by oblioblioblio »

For sale becuase I hate computers. Based in UK. bank transfer preferred. shipping not included.

Echo Audiofire 4: Bought from member of muffwiggler.com about 4 months ago, i only started using it a few weeks ago. It's quite scuffed on the outside and has obviously been gigged with or otherwise used but it works perfectly and was recently serviced and checked by Echo. (I checked with the owner who said that the device had problems with being powered externally and then also from buspower, he suspects they replaced the whole internal circuitry). Includes nice heavy PSU and original cables. £175

Motu 828 mk1. Purchased from ebay 2 years ago. Not really used and was described as like new when I purchased it. Perfect condition apart from a bit of rack wear. £80
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: FS: Motu 828 mk1 , Echo Audiofire 4

Post by tone-def »

how are you going to record your modular?
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

My whole modular is a high quality mixer, I'm getting Graham Hinton who most certainly knows his stuff, to build me an output stage, which will fit into the back of my case.

I was thinking about cassette, but I'm already too far into the fringes of the music world and don't want to isolate myself any further. It's a shame because I love that technology and don't want to support endless buying and trashing of poorly made machines. So I'm going to try to find a digital audio recorder that's built to last and I can just put the output into a removable card or disk of USB or something.

My main aim is still going to be on live performance.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

I've got an Audiofire 4 and have ran it off bus power exclusively. Then again, mine's been cared for like a newborn.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

the unit had problems with being powered, but Echo repaired it for the previous owner, he belived they just changed all the insides for new.

it works perfectly but just looks a little worn on the outside... will post a picture
cpk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cpk »

Hey oblioblioblio, sent you a PM.