Ricardo Villalobos Live @ Sunwaves Festival,Mamaia (Romania)

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Ricardo Villalobos Live @ Sunwaves Festival,Mamaia (Roma

Post by Del »

deccard wrote:i liked him best around 2000 till 2004...all those crazy perlon nights at robert johnson before he got big with alcachofa.
listened to the set yesterday. well some nice moments but he kind of lost it music wise for me.
but we´ll see what he does at panorama bar tonight. havent heard him live for a while.
Let us know how it went. Bring a note pad and pen if necessary ;)

I have to say, I LOVE the new stuff with Max Loderbauer. I'm just over the DJ sets.
junger
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by junger »

man that burial edit is so hardcore.......
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

deccard wrote:i liked him best around 2000 till 2004...all those crazy perlon nights at robert johnson before he got big with alcachofa.
listened to the set yesterday. well some nice moments but he kind of lost it music wise for me.
but we´ll see what he does at panorama bar tonight. havent heard him live for a while.
damm it would have been great to see him back then.. how did get perlonized go then? was he on form? I havent seen him play in quite a while now.. i think I will make a trip over to fabric this year and see him play

p.s i kinda like the piano bit in this set.. it has a sex in the city theme tune on acid kinda sound to it :lol:
dsi.hamilton
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dsi.hamilton »

enjoy the beats
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dav.id »

Del wrote:
deccard wrote: I have to say, I LOVE the new stuff with Max Loderbauer. I'm just over the DJ sets.
same here...
tabula rasa
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

grace anxiety wrote:
damm it would have been great to see him back then.. how did get perlonized go then? was he on form? I havent seen him play in quite a while now.. i think I will make a trip over to fabric this year and see him play

p.s i kinda like the piano bit in this set.. it has a sex in the city theme tune on acid kinda sound to it :lol:
missed him as we arrived at 6 am and he was already gone. but zip was top as usual.
techno made me do it
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

BeatBoxBaby wrote:Listen to this then:

Ricardo Villalobos\Ricardo Villalobos @ Paxahau (29-05-2002)

:green:

(I can upload it in case you don't find it)
yeah I know that one. I've been following the guy since 2000 or so, got a big share of his discography, so I know where he's coming from but it's an urban legend that Villalobos used to play only the deepest of the deepest underground, he was just so great because he had the guts to mix underground dubby stuff with more mainstream kind of electro in those days. He used to play goa trance like stuff too, but few know that. Like on RA, everybody thinks he was this underground cat who had some success and went mainstream on money and drugs, while his trick was (and still is) to play things together which you wouldn't expect in the first place, like playing a deep sound signature track right before a cecille track.

Edit: I didn't experience him in Berlin in the early days though, so my view will be biased too
CandyPollard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by CandyPollard »

grace anxiety wrote:how did get perlonized go then? was he on form? I havent seen him play in quite a while now.. i think I will make a trip over to fabric this year and see him play
unfortunately I only had the chance to hear the first two hours of his set. he was quite sober and in my opinion he played one of the best sets i heard from him the last few years. Really great music and great transitions. would've loved to hear the rest of his set ...