please HELP me!!!!

- ask away
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

Cj-Mental wrote:I make music only 3 months.
no wonder
I know English well. :oops: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
no, you don't.
in a dispute born truth :)
count me out.
it's sunday.
I've got better things to do, like grabbing another beer from the fridge and diving into the hard wax newsletter.

(the more I read from you, the more I doubt if you're even for real)
Cj-Mental
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Cj-Mental »

do not worry) real ... I also love beer))))
Cj-Mental
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Cj-Mental »

I dont want to argue with you because I am not very versed in creating music.
but I thank you for your criticism)
are you a DJ or or music fan??
what you know about Russia or Ukraine???)))
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Can I just say that really don't bother to listen to anyone apart from yourself. For example I could tell you that I don't like your snare, but if you like it that's all that matters. If you start changing bits to suit other people tastes you are never going to form your own way of making music.

plus 3 months bro.... be prepared for it to take years and years. many of us here have been producing for 10 years + and we are always learning new stuff each day.
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

::BLM:: wrote:Can I just say that really don't bother to listen to anyone apart from yourself. For example I could tell you that I don't like your snare, but if you like it that's all that matters. If you start changing bits to suit other people tastes you are never going to form your own way of making music.

plus 3 months bro.... be prepared for it to take years and years. many of us here have been producing for 10 years + and we are always learning new stuff each day.
that sums about up what I wanted to add to this topic.

the thing I notice a lot these days, and that really gets on my nerves, is that a lof (if not most) of the young people that get into music making nowadays, do it for the wrong reasons.
they think about the fame, the money, female attention, whatever...

but whatever happened to just wanting to make music out of love for the music ? or because you just want to have fun and almost nothing makes you happier than spending a day in the studio ?

and a lot of the young folks are also very reluctant to spend money on it.
they complain about cashing out 400 or 500 on a software sequencer, or soundcard, or synth,
but meanwhile have smart phones that cost 300 or more.
when I started doing this, there was no internet so all I could find around me that was affordable (and had a sequencer onboard) was some used synth/workstation that only had GM sounds on it, and I had to pay 1500€ for it.
I paid this off for years to my parents (I was 15 at the time), but I was happy as hell, even though it only made crap sounds.

But I don't want to sound like a grumpy old asshole of course.
I think it's great that gear has become a lot more affordable, and that gear has just become tons more versatile and simply better as well.
But back when people really had to pay tons more for their gear, all the wanna-be's usually didn't have the patience and will to save up to get proper gear, so the people who did were usually more motivated from the start and more into it for the right reasons.

BLM has a point about not listening to other people,
but I only partly agree with that.
This depends on what you want to do.
If you want to produce in a certain style (like I suspect you want to do judging from your first posts), then you can listen to other people's advice if they guide you more to where you wanted to be in the first place.
But if you just want to do your own thing, then forget about other people, absolutely.

Personally, I prefer the doing your own thing, but I see more young guys trying to copy/achieve a certain style than wanting to develop their own sound.

and about the 3 months thing...
I had a brief period of electronic music making when I was 15 to 18,
but like I said : no internet available, so I didn't learn very much back then because there was hardly any gear nor info to be found.
I restarted after univ, when I was 22.
I'm 32 now. So that's about 10 years of really being into this.
after years of saving (meaning skipping on many many other things all the other young people did have money for), I can say I pretty much have the setup I can live on for many many years.
but far more important than having the right gear (cause of course you can produce with just a good software setup and achieve fine results too) : I finally have the feeling that I know pretty good what I'm doing, and that I can control any piece of gear that I want or already got.
Of course I still learn new things, but I'm saying : things go rather smooth, and I'm controlling the gear instead of having to scratch my head like in the begin-days.
And that feeling only fully came to me maybe the last 3 years.
But it's still gonna take me a few years untill I'm completely satisfied with what I make.

Look it up : many of the really good producers only started making stuff that was any good when they were already 10 years or more into this.
Yes, there are a few exceptions, but they are few and far between.
This is also why I don't quite get why people need to post their tracks on the internet so fast.
Why not first spend some time to make something proper instead of quickly posting tracks that aren't very great because you've only started out a short while ago.
How about giving it some time so you can come out with better stuff afterwards ?

There is no magic way to speed up things, but the best way is just hanging in there (because many get into this when they are 16 to say 25, but then drop out when other things in life take over or the mrs says there's no room for the gear in the house or whatever) and keep doing it out of love for music,
not because you want to get rich or famous.
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

Cj-Mental wrote:I dont want to argue with you because I am not very versed in creating music.
but I thank you for your criticism)
are you a DJ or or music fan??
what you know about Russia or Ukraine???)))
trust me, this is't an arguement ;)

I used to DJ, then gave that up gradually, and am picking up on it again,
but purely for fun and out of love for music.
Mostly, I'm just a big sound-lover.
"every sound is a note"
I really believe that.
I only gradually rolled into electronical music and had a classical piano training for years before that.
I just enjoy sounds, and making sounds.
I don't care if I can ever reach a point where I make some real money with my passion, I just want to have fun and hopefully create something beautiful that I'm happy with myself. If other people like it as well, tant mieux , if not, I don't care cause I'll still have had tons more fun than if I watched the idiot box all those days and nights. :lol:

what do I know about Russia or Ukraine ?
That's a bit like asking "what do you know about Europe", cause Russia (and Ukraine) is a rather huge country, no ?
not much : depressing gray cities, beautiful nature, HUGE problems with alcoholism, good looking women, economically only a few very very rich folks and many with little or no money,...
Cj-Mental
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Cj-Mental »

I am 18 years old..
I started listening to electronic music since 12 years .. and I listen to all of electronics, without exception, whether it breaks or ambient, techno or house. this music makes me tremble ... when listening to my distinguished positive emotions. I really love the music .. an image of my life ... you just noticed that in Uktaine few rich people. For example, I was to buy a computer MAC...
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

Cj-Mental wrote:I am 18 years old..
I started listening to electronic music since 12 years .. and I listen to all of electronics, without exception, whether it breaks or ambient, techno or house. this music makes me tremble ... when listening to my distinguished positive emotions. I really love the music .. an image of my life ... you just noticed that in Uktaine few rich people. For example, I was to buy a computer MAC...
yes, it was quite obvious you were not gonna be in your twenties 8)

the "I started listening to electronic music since I was 12" doesn't really count you know.
when I was 7, I played with my lego's listening to Jarre tapes (no joke !),
but that didn't really matter much in the big scheme of things.

honestly, anything before you're 25, is all just growing slowly into adulthood. I remember when I was 22, I thought I was really mature,
and knew how the world worked, but I didn't know sh!t and was still a semi-grown up child.
If I look at friends, relatives, family, I seem to notice that for most people, adulthood only starts properly around 25.

but anyway, there's no shame in being a newbie, you know.
none at all.
it's just that you have to realize it, not wave it of with arguments like "I started listening to electronical music since I was 12".
In other words : you've only just started doing this.
You'll still need years and years, and tons of effort to get somewhere.
that's all.
I repeat, there's nothing wrong with being a newbie.

good luck.