M-Audio UC33E for arranging tracks in Ableton Live?

- ask away
loulou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

M-Audio UC33E for arranging tracks in Ableton Live?

Post by loulou »

Hi! I thought of buying an UC33E for controlling parameters etc while arranging my tracks live on the go. How will that work for me? Is there any way you can use this machine to trigger clips in ableton?
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kdgh »

you cold trigger clips, but the knobs aren't really made for that. You can better go for an apc or launchpad if you like to trigger stuff
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: M-Audio UC33E for arranging tracks in Ableton Live?

Post by hydrogen »

loulou wrote:Hi! I thought of buying an UC33E for controlling parameters etc while arranging my tracks live on the go. How will that work for me? Is there any way you can use this machine to trigger clips in ableton?
you could map the buttons on the right side to trigger midi events. not too many though there are only 9... but easily done with next scene... another option is just to use your computer keyboard.
fragment
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by fragment »

my live sets mostly have around 6-8 audio or midi tracks + 1 with Maschine in vst-mode

the way i do my triggering/arranging on the UC-33e:

i map the transport fwd/backwd buttons on my UC to scene up/down (a assigned rotary works aswell for faster scrolling) and map the 1-8 num buttons to the play button of each track, which appears only when in midi map mode.

that way you can select the scene you like and trigger the corresponding clips in that scene via the num-buttons.

maybe that works for you aswell ?
"there aren't many problems which can't be solved with a kick drum on the first beat and a snare drum on the 3rd beat, and a whole lot of sub bass in the middle"

Setup: Macbook Pro 15" 2,5 • MOTU Ultralite • Ableton Live 8 Suite • NI Maschine • UC-33e • Novation Launchpad • Novation ReMOTE 25 SL Compact •
loulou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by loulou »

Thanks for feedback!

Well i think im gonna try to do it your way Fragment, sounds like the way to do it!
loulou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by loulou »

Fragment how do i exactly map my transport buttons to scene up/down?
fragment
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by fragment »

when in midi-map mode - look @ your masterchannel

red-arrow = scene up/down

blue-arrow = scene scrolling with rotary´s or faders

the play button plays the selected scene if you map that aswell
"there aren't many problems which can't be solved with a kick drum on the first beat and a snare drum on the 3rd beat, and a whole lot of sub bass in the middle"

Setup: Macbook Pro 15" 2,5 • MOTU Ultralite • Ableton Live 8 Suite • NI Maschine • UC-33e • Novation Launchpad • Novation ReMOTE 25 SL Compact •
loulou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by loulou »

cool, thanks! Is there a way i can move sideways with the uc33 too?