- wax
stavostrand
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[Mitek10] Hakan Lidbo - Baby, let me be the pig tonight EP

Post by stavostrand »

Hakan Lidbo - Baby, let me be the pig tonight EP

Mitek10 (12.2005)

Håkan Lidbo returns to Mitek with a foretaste of his new album coming in 2006. “Baby, let
me be the pig tonight”: the title describes it well, here we have music to be played very late
in the early morning .. These are by far the most powerful, funky and inspired club tracks we
have heard from Håkan in a long time -- we just had to get them out on vinyl. This EP forms a
convincing counterpart to his earlier mitek release “06.10.60”, which was more like music for
the living room (or bedroom) DJ, minimal and crisp, with layers of tiny sounds and glitches
atop each other ... This is the next step: just as rich in detail, just as virtuously arranged -- but
aiming directly for the dancefloor this time.

Tracklist:

A1. Baby, let me be the pig tonight, 05:28
The Ep hits it off directly from the start with an elaborate and catchy synth, floating all
trough the track, suspended between a straight kick and funky baselines .. sweaty and
maximal-minimal...

A2. Cairo quickstep, 05:55
...To be followed with a soft, punchy and funky base-kick, floating around together with
crisp hi-hats, sneaking into a deep quirky baseline, before it takes off.

B1. Botox beauties, 07:51
A bit deeper, building up an intense groove into a frenzy.

B2. Squid salad, 05:02
The final track is also the most minimal and deep, playing around with an groovy rythm
segment, a bit more freaky but also the most playful one, adding deep pads and nice glitches
to finish off the record in a good mood.

Håkan Lidbo is undoubtedly one of the world’s most prolific producers with countless
records on a wide variety of labels and styles. From Tech-house on Pokerflat, to Electro
on Raygun to minimal tech-house on Mitek. He even had tracks competing in the Swedish
qualification for the eurovision song contest!!. Öast year he became a father so the work flow
has slowed down a bit, but somehow he still finds the time to work on small masterpieces
like this one.

The new single “Planet Dada” by Swiss cult-duo Yello is produced by him. He has remixed
artists like Kool Kieth, Ashley Beedle, Si Begg, Sophie Ellis Bexter, Tube Jerk, Ennio
Morricone, John Selway and Fatboy Slim.

more infos and pre-listen at
http://www.mitek-web.net/products/mitek10.html
Renton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Renton »

why is this title attracting my attention? :lol:
will comment on the music later.
"I won't be in today, boss...I'm feeling a little mnml."
JF
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JF »

Squid salad is so sweet, it will be in my next mix for sure!

thanks / Johan