techno isnt about the past, its about the future

- ask away
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

all sound which we percieve is in the past. all music is about the past, it was created there.
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by coldfuture »

steevio wrote:
Torque wrote:
It's not music, it's futurism.
maybe not a good idea to be telling the Bellville three they arent musicans.

of course its music bro. come on.

'Techno ! The New Dance Sound of Detroit
Nevermind. It wasn't constructive.
Last edited by coldfuture on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Why does this process have to be SO complex" -- Ritardo Montalban
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by coldfuture »

pafufta816 wrote:all sound which we percieve is in the past. all music is about the past, it was created there.
This is true, everything recorded is a snapshot of something that already happened.
"Why does this process have to be SO complex" -- Ritardo Montalban
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

Torque wrote: Most of the stuff around here is made as a response to eachother not really what is going on in the dance and club community in the world. I don't really know what the dynamic is like in other places regarding creating electronic music but this is how allot of us think about it. Agree with it or not it has produced some interesting results.
yeah its same round here, we all bounce off each other, we keep an eye on whats going on elsewhere, but not necessarily influenced by it.

yes it did produce some interesting results, theres no doubt about it bro.
jaco
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaco »

Torque wrote: All i said is that the difference is in concept. It takes allot more talent to present your music in context than it does to just make it. If you guys don't believe me than try coming up with a concept first and a subject matter that has nothing to do with music, make the music to fit the idea in your head and then present it in a way people will understand. It's a hell of allot easier to just make a track with sounds that you've heard in other techno records, slap a piece of art on a label that has nothing to do with the track and sell it. People are bored right now because that's all they're getting. I wouldn't pay for that sh!t either. Lets all be honest with eachother here for a second, for somebody that has been a trained live musician just throwing together tracks that sound like other techno tracks is easy as hell, we all know it. But the thing allot of people can't do is make the leap of logic it took to make it in the first place. That's how innovation happens within and outside of a genre and that's how it will continue to happen.
this is the same way most of the art work are conceived, especially the abstract one...great words man...
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

steevio wrote: yeah its same round here, we all bounce off each other, we keep an eye on whats going on elsewhere, but not necessarily influenced by it.
I think sometimes we are not conscious of our influences.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

steevio wrote: yeah its same round here, we all bounce off each other, we keep an eye on whats going on elsewhere, but not necessarily influenced by it.
I think sometimes we are not conscious of our influences. We have probably been picking up influences our whole lives without knowing it!
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

lem wrote:
I think sometimes we are not conscious of our influences. We have probably been picking up influences our whole lives without knowing it!
yes of course, i was just talking about conscious influences.