Tragedy at Love Parade Duisburg

- open
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Tragedy at Love Parade Duisburg

Post by PsyTox »

arek313 wrote:This is the end of an era. after that, nothing will have the same...
so true. I went to Love Parade in Berlin from 1990 until 2000, in times when "One Family" wasn't just a slogan to sell shirts to glowstick trance kids and where there were no trucks sponsored by Chuppa Chupps. Never went back after that, the spirit had died. But still, when i heard the news sunday morning I was completely gutted. I really am trying to figure out what dumbass idiot didn't see how disasterous this venue was going to be, even my blind grandma would've seen the bottlenecks and faults in the safety plan. I have a strange feeling the organisation was so desperate to finally find a city that wanted the LP that they just ignored the warnings.

Anyway, only thing I could do is make a little dedication for the people who died and we just played music in the afternoon on a stage without any deco apart from the LP logo. It's the saddest thing this had to happen.

I just hope that this will not be the end for any parade plans in other countries (like City Parade in Bruxelles).
fugazi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fugazi »

videos here.. http://blog.foem.info/

very sad! :cry:
Salomo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Salomo »

Love parade should full of loving, not 19 people getting killed, jesus... I'm developing a serious phobia for crowds, slowly turning into a hermit. at least that's safe heh.

peace

herman's hermit
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

Salomo wrote:Love parade should full of loving, not 19 people getting killed, jesus... I'm developing a serious phobia for crowds, slowly turning into a hermit. at least that's safe heh.

peace

herman's hermit
statistically you're probably more at danger being at home than at most festivals...
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

yeah real sad news...dunno what to say. Like somebody else mentioned: Things will never be the same!
daniellesniewski
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by daniellesniewski »

death toll went up to 21 today :(

would it have been safer just keeping it in berlin?