WELL HULLO THAR (barcelona / birmingham live PA)

don't be shy. introduce yourself!
primativism
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

WELL HULLO THAR (barcelona / birmingham live PA)

Post by primativism »

yeah, hi.

so, i've lurked here for a while and though i'd register, considering that this site has been pretty useful in the past and that i'm embarking on getting a live set together for the first time in a long time.

i'm a long time noodler, tweaker and maker of loops, with an aversion to ever finishing a tune.

i started on FL many moons ago, then ableton / logic.

so, i've never really settled down into one genre, fiddling with just about everything from breakcore to minimal.

i used to play live sets with ableton, but a combination of an awfully unreliable dell laptop and a desperate need to be constantly tweaking motivated me to get an emx1.

i loved playing with the emx1, but was at a loss as to how i could realise a whole live set using one, so picked up a second hand rm1x, which compliments the emx1 nicely, giving waaay more resolution, different parts and some onboard sounds, which when put through the emx1's audio effects, can sound pretty good.

next purchase is going to have to be a sampler, most likely an esx1, which should be pretty easy to get to grips with especially after using the emx1.

hopefully, i'll have some recordings of prototype live PA sets posted soon, and you nice folks can give me some pointers.

anyway
nice to meet you.
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

Welcome Prima and let us hear some soon.