Launchpads..

- ask away
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

i love my launchpad, its awesome for livegigs. works like a charm, makes everything more fun :)
boomstick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boomstick »

if i had ableton, i would definitely get one. they look like dangerous fun :D
beam me up
monophunk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by monophunk »

im new to ableton...i think im going to buy a lanchpad too....you can alwas have more fun :D
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

bleepbleep wrote:
The only thing that annoys me is adjusting the volume of tracks with a row of 10 buttons is al ittle imprecise. Although was chatting to someone at a party and apparently there's a work around but haven't followed it up yet.

write a simple max 4 live patch to control volume as you see fit and save it as one of the user functions on the lp.

Thats why this machine is so great, you can do ANYTHING.

To the guy looking at the apc20 and the launchpad, go wit the launchpad if you are running ableton 8 with max 4 live especially, the things you can do are phenomenal, and not so much limited by the hardware rather by your imagination. :)
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

bleepbleep wrote:
The only thing that annoys me is adjusting the volume of tracks with a row of 10 buttons is al ittle imprecise. Although was chatting to someone at a party and apparently there's a work around but haven't followed it up yet.

write a simple max 4 live patch to control volume as you see fit and save it as one of the user functions on the lp.

Thats why this machine is so great, you can do ANYTHING.

To the guy looking at the apc20 and the launchpad, go wit the launchpad if you are running ableton 8 with max 4 live especially, the things you can do are phenomenal, and not so much limited by the hardware rather by your imagination. :)
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Yeah, the launchpad looks AWESOME! I've slowly been working towards a live set of sorts and I'll definitely get one of these once that gets off the ground. I think I might get 2.
dubgil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil »

livecollective wrote:having had a chance to mess with all the mentioned pieces of gear except the livid block, I bought and kept the launchpad...

...fcking amazing for live performance. When combined with max for live, its probably the ultimate live pa tool. The monome will probably go out of business because the launchpad does everything is does and more, for 300 dollars cheaper.

If you guys have some specific questions I'd be happy to answer them.
I've ordered a LP as well should arrive any day. However, I hope the LP doesn't drive the monome out of business as the LP should give every thanks to monome folks who release emulators for free so the LP can act like a monome. This isn't to say it wouldn't have happened without folks like stretta due to the release of M4L, but I would hate to see that happen
dubgil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil »

miles wrote:i'm thinking of purchasing an apc20 or a launchpad. has any1 tested both of them and can tell me advantages and disadvantages?
I had the same question about a week ago, and after scouring the various forums for nearly 3days
apc20 can't compare, go wtih LP, this has been discussed quite a bit on the ableton forums also, I won't repeat, you'll see for yourself.