Post by Subfader »

double post
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

Subfader wrote:
anizz wrote:
strange wrote:haven't listened to this yet but hotpace, how can you say anything as classic as old aphex twin sounds old?? that statement it just insane dude! classics like that NEVER get old!
+1

it may have a signature of it but it's a lot different.. would call it a mixture between his old stuff and some raster-noton infused d&b inspired tracks.. to spoil a bit of it now..
read again guys. you're taking this offtopic. and classics ARE old.

maybe listen to the mix before saying that every aphex twin track sounds 2010...
I never said that.. and saying this sounds like old aphex twin after being bored of the first five minutes and probably not listening to the rest is not right also..
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
Subfader
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Subfader »

i ment the person you quoted. anyway, boring mix! :D
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

Subfader wrote:i ment the person you quoted. anyway, boring mix! :D
this is also true! didn't like it much.. not because it's different just personal preference...
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hotpace »

anizz wrote:
Subfader wrote:
anizz wrote:
strange wrote:haven't listened to this yet but hotpace, how can you say anything as classic as old aphex twin sounds old?? that statement it just insane dude! classics like that NEVER get old!
+1

it may have a signature of it but it's a lot different.. would call it a mixture between his old stuff and some raster-noton infused d&b inspired tracks.. to spoil a bit of it now..
read again guys. you're taking this offtopic. and classics ARE old.

maybe listen to the mix before saying that every aphex twin track sounds 2010...
I never said that.. and saying this sounds like old aphex twin after being bored of the first five minutes and probably not listening to the rest is not right also..
I listened to the first 5 mins properly and flicked through the rest and I was correct in thinking that it was pretty much old Aphex sounding most of the way through. Old Aphex IS classic and I like it and appreciate it, but classic IS old I'm afraid. Not massively forward thinking for a mix by someone as cool as JPLS.
ToolTech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ToolTech »

interesting
more information about tooltech:
- resident-advisor
- myspace
- soundcloud
- discogs
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

The point of the EDLX mixes are to showcase what an artist listens to or what the artist was inspired by aside from techno music. Providing genre-bending future classic mixes isn't a requirement in the mission statement. By listening to this new JPLS mix, you now have an insight to his life. You either like it or you don't. The mix isn't trying to sell you on anything.
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:The point of the EDLX mixes are to showcase what an artist listens to or what the artist was inspired by aside from techno music. Providing genre-bending future classic mixes isn't a requirement in the mission statement. By listening to this new JPLS mix, you now have an insight to his life. You either like it or you don't. The mix isn't trying to sell you on anything.
thanks for the information.. I just wondered if this is a mix made of his own tracks and wondered the direction which he's going!