tube saturation plugin??

- ask away
miro pajic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miro pajic »

well, only being able to use 2-3 instances is CPU heavy..to me :)
and i like to use these kind of things more than once in a mix..

anyway...i searched for you and have found the actual nebula free version for mac:

http://www.box.net/shared/static/flo8a8nuj9.zip

with this free version you will have a selection of programs and can also download several others from 3rd party developers (nebula-programs, CDsoundmaster, alessandro boschi "the man") you will find them through the acustica audio forum (the maze)

all them offer a small ammount to see whats possible. with neb free you can't buy the real deal from the 3rd pparty guys (like the reel2reel and brandnew "tape booster+" programs...which i hear, are absolutely amazing!)

if you decide to buy nebula 3 for mac i suggest you to pm giancarlo from acustica audio. he is very responsive and will help you for sure. it's worth it..really!

cheers
m
miro pajic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miro pajic »

i forgot:

you'll also need a different skin for nebula. i think it's important to become real friends with it ;-)

here's the thread:

http://www.acusticaudio.net/modules.php ... light=skin

page 2 and especially 3

if you have problems with any installing etc don't hesitate to ask...will help ya out!

m
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Funny to see this thread as I'm on the same journey. I was looking up tape machines and other outboard gear like a Fatso Jr., but found most things were very expensive. The ART processor looks cool. I'd have to buy 2 for stereo.

I have an old casette tape player I'm going to record drums to and experiment with to see if I can get some tape sauration that way. It was a nice model back when, so it may have some advanced controls.

I was also looking at tube driven pre-amps and stomp boxes to get some analog overdriving, but think I might just look for a mixing desk (A&H or soundcraft) to overdrive my drum tracks and other things through. As good as some of these plugins are, I wonder how much they can really match up.
cytoplasm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cytoplasm »

d16 has a sale!
Last edited by cytoplasm on Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheaper
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Cheaper »

if you have an UAD card

worth the money, it's 249$ but you won't have the same quality in a freeware
soundcloud.com/capsularecordings
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

For those interested, I've been using the TAL tube and I really like it. Especially for a free AU. I use it in conjunction with the Logic bit crusher for compression on the drum buss (TAL -> Bitcrusher). It does just what I was looking for. I still plan on getting a hardware preamp. I think I'm going to pick up the ART Pro MPA II. I plan on demo'ing the SPL twin tube first though. I'm still on the hunt for some vintage tube stomp boxes though.

I have a friend who has an old tube stereo receiver from the 70's. Can I overdrive a signal through that?
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

why wouldn't you put it across every channel?

i'd be shocked if they sounded anything like tape. i'm looking for something to make digital sound fat but i'm not convinced that a plug in will do much.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: tube saturation plugin??

Post by livecollective »

Daemonix wrote:hello,

Couldnt find a lot with search, especially in terms of quality.

Im looking for plugins (for Mac plz) to add some tube saturation (harmonics) to my sounds. Especially over my Vermona DRM1.

What do you people use? Ill get one so I dont want to spend on something that will sound sh!t..

tasos
on gear slutz they talk about a entry level tube mic pre, which you can switch out the tubes for real good ones... i'd really recommend it over a plugin. I can hear when people use tube saturation plugins, ear fatiguing. Just my opinion! Cheers.

pS: vermona should go to another analog box and not to a plugin shame on you :D