movie about Luciano

- open
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

miniKAT wrote:
S.D.L wrote:
Narcisse2 wrote: "makes people dance and plays music for people to have fun".
Isn't that the job discription of a dj?
Yea, If u play weddings and barmitzvahs.

Its also an outlet for creativity and a means to put people onto new (or old) music that u like and a means to showcase your artistic talent (if u have any)
Yeah blablablabla...

To make people freakin dance!
you are what you tweed
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

S.D.L wrote:
miniKAT wrote:
S.D.L wrote:
Narcisse2 wrote: "makes people dance and plays music for people to have fun".
Isn't that the job discription of a dj?
Yea, If u play weddings and barmitzvahs.

Its also an outlet for creativity and a means to put people onto new (or old) music that u like and a means to showcase your artistic talent (if u have any)
Yeah blablablabla...

To make people freakin dance!
Hey, you're the expert, dogs. I'm just a fly on the wall.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Narcisse2 wrote: However, call me idealist, but I thought DJs and EDM artists wanted to move away from that "living jukebox" title.
EDM artist don't take requests.
A-Dreamer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by A-Dreamer »

john clees wrote:
Narcisse2 wrote:This trailer is hella stupid.
I disagree..

I truely don't think people realize the pressure, the sacrifice, the touring, the endless traveling..

and being away from loved ones and friends that dj's really have to go through..

I think this was a small window to show people really how much effort is put into making a living by dj'ing..

I look forward to both movies and hope to gain a new perspective by each of them..
i think people don't care about the pressure, sacrifice and all that, of djing for a living. i mean, half the people who listen to techno want to be a dj. i don't think we need another movie about the life of a dj, we already have those, we get the idea. how about making a movie that's .. original ? the main subject couldn't be the more artistic side of the dj trade ? isn't that what we sould show people for them to better understand the scene, or whatever it is ?

i'm looking forward to the villalobos film, in the hope that it is a glimpse inside the mind of a great artist, not inside the passport of an entertainer.
it's all about perspective, that's what gives us insight
mindful matters
soundcloud.com/son-der
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dav.id »

I think the part of the preview when he's living a spiritual activity is seriously interesting. From the preview, I understand the film does a parrallel between dj work and chamanism. Music is an other state of consciousness. It gives a higher direction of the dj's work..

Edit : It makes me thinking to Jan Kounen, the one who did Blueberry. He did something special with http://otherworlds.jankounen.com/
Very similar with the direction of Luciano's film.
Last edited by dav.id on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

john clees wrote:
Narcisse2 wrote:This trailer is hella stupid.
I disagree..

I truely don't think people realize the pressure, the sacrifice, the touring, the endless traveling..

and being away from loved ones and friends that dj's really have to go through..

I think this was a small window to show people really how much effort is put into making a living by dj'ing..

I look forward to both movies and hope to gain a new perspective by each of them..
pfff, we all get pressure in normal jobs but get paid per month what they get in an hour. Try working in a factory assembling cars or tractors or whatever for years on end, and where oil and dust comes out when you blow your nose. That's pressure, this dj'ing thing is easy money for a very easy life, no offence :)
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

A-Dreamer wrote:i'm looking forward to the villalobos film, in the hope that it is a glimpse inside the mind of a great artist, not inside the passport of an entertainer.
it's all about perspective, that's what gives us insight
well said, agree 100%
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

yeah we all feel so sorry for this big DJs ..

And for making a living out of DJing you dont have to travel the world ..
for making insane amounts of money you have to travel the world.
Luciano could make 1 gig in a month and would make much more money than me...

so i dont think he is forced to leave his family ..

EDIT: Made a conservative calculation

We could say he play one gig per week, and he gets 5000 Euro per gig at least .. so conservatively spoken he make 260.000 Euros a Year only with DJing. And on top of that he has no expanses at all. Hotel and things he get paid extra. Tracks he get for free, and the rest he buys is nothing to mind in this calculation.

The truth is, that he even make more money than that.

so no wonders, half of the people want to be a DJ superstar ..

the same reason why so much people want to be soccer stars, or baseball stars or anything other where the money rains on you