trying new setup

- ask away
Renze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: reason is less good for me

Post by Renze »

vermont95 wrote: anyway i bought a 707 drum machine from ebay:)
I have one too :D Haven't used it yet though...I think you can use it to control other hardware, but the sounds itself are quite boring actually, and not really tweakable (digital samples). It has the same handclap as the 909 though :)
vermont95
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

707?

Post by vermont95 »

i really wanna use for the live prgraming
i have been doing live sets for couple of years now. only on laptops
and i am getting bored with just laptop setup (for dance\electro)
i have a midi controller and i can use abelton\reaktor for stuff on the computer. i want micro modular for more sounds and stuff, and drum machine for the live stuff mainly.
JayDreamin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JayDreamin »

My partner and I perform with all hardware. Ive never really crossed into the software realm. Im sure theres a milion more things that could be offered with software, but hardware just proves to be more fun and interactive to me.

As for the TR-707. I had one but ended up selling it, (for quite a profit I might add.) My intentions when i got it was to have the circuits bent, but i just didnt get around to it. It didnt prove to be beneficial to me outside of that. However I have heard of people using it as a triggering device for external gear as opposed to a sound module. But then again im not big on controlling all my gear from one piece of equipment. I like interacting with each piece.

blah, blah, blah......rant over :)

Jay
Renze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Renze »

It's perfect for triggering machines like the Jomox Airbase 99, which has great sounds but no sequencer interface.
Renze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Renze »

Just thought I'd bring this thread back up as the Roland TR-707 is discussed here.

I found this mod. Listen to that pitch mod sample. :shock: Makes a minimal monster out of the 707 :o I think it's awesome!