FS2 or Serato??? Arrrrrrrrrrrgh! Which one???

- ask away
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

Acidrain wrote:which notebooks are you guys using for fs2??
Powerbook 12", 1 GHz, 768 MB RAM
El Duardo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by El Duardo »

daedum
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by daedum »

i have FS 1.0 and its fine at home. but everytime i played out, there would be problems. Sometimes i couldn't get FS to calibrate (you have to do this to start using FS each time). Alot of times a song will speed up or slow down for a split second but will overall keep in sync if in a mix. One time the sound of final scratch just sounded horrible. Its a pain when it happen at a gig. But at home its fine. I love how FS works and is so easy to find and organize records. I saw both magda and mathew dear crash numerous times during their sets. But nothing is without problems. Records scratch and skip, CDs get scratched too. This is just the digital version. Oh and you move an FS record really really slow it sounds like digital ass. (im talking super slow)
---> My album is out now on Beatport and iTunes. <---
cap'n can't get right
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cap'n can't get right »

i may be way off base here, but i think ssl may be the first to integrate with live. it seems that a lot of the features of fs and traktor would be duplicated by integrating w/ ableton. furthermore, it seems to me that the more basic ssl software interface would integrate more readily with ableton as a device. just my $.02

it's going to be interesting to see.