Fee required tutorials - is it worth it?

- ask away
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

i know the topic is fee required tutorials but if you use logic there are a ton of great helpful vids on youtube by sflogicninja. he's very knowledgeable, moreso than most of the vids you find on youtube. here's his youtube profile/channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/SFLogicNinja

i think he has vids up for a few other programs but i think it's mostly logic.
hope this is helpful.

in that regard does anyone have any really good ableton tutorial videos, similar to this guy's with logic? i've found a few helpful ones on youtube as well but they all seem to be scattered among different users, im just curious if anybody knows of any one source that is as extensively helpful with ableton as sflogicninja is with logic.
aciduss
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by aciduss »

Deefex
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Deefex »

google askvideo. they have a lot of good videos. some of which you can find on www.youtube.com. i mostly watch stuff on you tube. it's a great place to learn for free.
tomcosm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tomcosm »

Halo

I came over here because my site was getting quite a few links from this topic.. so I thought I would come and say thanks!

I've def opted into doing the whole "speak my mind as I work" videos, I go about the videos in a sense which I consider I would have enjoyed watching when I was getting into producing. If you are up for a well thought out pre planned explanation of a particular topic then I don't have much to offer, perhaps I will one day.

Always keen to hear what people think and any advice on how I could further improve what I am doing to help people learn, so don't hesitate in being constructively critical!

Anyway thanks again for the kind words, this seems like a place which is pretty relevant to my interests, and I think the fact that I got the authorization code first time around backs that up, so ill be checking back here often.

Cheers!

-Tom
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

hi tom,

whats this authorisation code about?
tomcosm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tomcosm »

It seems there is a field in the registration that weeds people out, something along the lines of "What is the last name of minimal legend Richie..."

I thought it was a crack up!
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

I believe Pheek offers lessons for money. I would think that would be worth it if you need some inspiration..

I would say it depends on who is teaching and what you are learning to deicde whether it is worth money.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

victorgonzales wrote:I believe Pheek offers lessons for money. I would think that would be worth it if you need some inspiration..

I would say it depends on who is teaching and what you are learning to deicde whether it is worth money.
Thanks Victor for the promo ;)

It's more coaching and intense feedback that i offer. Teaching over the internet is a bit difficult but we manage some stuff. Fun.