It's my first time be gentle.... (Toronto)

don't be shy. introduce yourself!
TheAlphaNerd
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

It's my first time be gentle.... (Toronto)

Post by TheAlphaNerd »

Hey all, I'm Myles a media artist from Toronto. Stumbled across this forum in my pursuit for all the knowledge in the universe.

My background is mostly in film production / animation, although I have been playing music for almost 11 years. My background was mostly jazz, jam, and folk... although last summer at a STS9 show, seeing electronic music being produced live, my tastes in music took an immediate change.

I've become obsessed.

I bought my first synth 3 month's agoish, a microkorg, and immedietely started playing with ableton for the purpose of live production.

I have big plans including mobile dance parties, and large interactive audio visual installations.

Right now trying to figure out how circuits / micro-controllers work, what every know on my synth does (it's a big matrix), how to make things sound the way I want them to, and how to do all of this on the fly by introducing a live element.

I have some tracks I've made over the last three month's up on the myspace
I have some tracks up on the myspace at

Http://www.myspace.com/mobiledancepartyunit

Please listen and rip them apart! Keep in mind all of these track are designed to be performed, and in the spirit of that each track was made in a single run through (although I did some minor clean up afterward, to save you from completely hating it).
chjassmann
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

+

Post by chjassmann »

++++++