[Siteholder UnCut] Marc Cotterell - Places EP w/ Dan Drastic

- only
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[Siteholder UnCut] Marc Cotterell - Places EP w/ Dan Drastic

Post by Brian Ffar »

SITEHOLDER UNCUT

Following the success of Siteholder Records, the Chicago based trio of Billy Dalessandro, Brian Ffar, and Daniel Mnookin turn things up a notch with Siteholder UnCut – a digital sub-label currently sold exclusively through Beatport. Featuring the edgier side of techno that initially established the roots for modern day tech house and minimal techno, expect a riskier sound from a wider range of artists (both well known and up and coming) that is bound to please both one’s aural senses as well as a packed dance floor. If Siteholder is any indication of what these Chicago natives have to offer the electronic music global community, UnCut will only serve to further establish a well rounded foundation of serious beats combined with heady intoxication.

Artist: Marc Cotterell
Title: Places EP
Format: Digital
Cat. No.: SHUC024
Release Date: AVAILABLE ON FRIDAY, May 15, 2009 @ Beatport

————— Tracks ——–——

1 Places Feat. Susannah (Original)
2 Places Feat. Susannah (Dan Drastic Remix)
3 Output Control

PLACES EP
Has it been two years already? Apparently so, as May 2009 marks the 24th release for Siteholder UnCut. My how time flies when you’re making beats.

Along with UnCut’s 2nd Anniversary comes the introduction of a new artist to the Siteholder camp in the form of British-born, Cleveland-based DJ/Producer Marc Cotterell. Marc delivers a pair of killer tracks that are destined to light the digital dance music world on fire.

“Places” is a stellar track. Featuring vocals by Susannah, the housey number has a nice old school feel that promises to rock modern day dance floors. “Output Control” is teched-up and ready to rumble. The two originals do a solid job of showcasing Marc’s ability to diversify his sound while keeping the beats steady.

Leipzig resident Dan Drastic truly needs no introduction; but since this marks his UnCut debut, we'll give him one anyway. Dan first gained international exposure with his works on Tom Clark's Highgrade Records. His 2009 release entitled "Slice of Life" on Moon Harbour solidified his worldwide standing as an extremely talented producer. Recruited by Marc to remix "Places," Dan delivers the goods with a tribal flavored dub rework.

24 releases down, and many, many more to go...UnCut continues to prove that one can have quantity without sacrificing quality.
Dantron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

SHUC024

Post by Dantron »

OUT NOW: https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/con ... laces%20EP

Marc Cotterell – Places EP (SHUC024) FEEDBACK:

Acid Circus (Droid Behavior) – “Some interesting ideas here and all well produced.”

Andrew Grant (Barraca Music / Circoloco) – “Dan Drastic remix…fck YEAH! Btw, love the label.”

Apoll (Neopren / Tongut) – “Another fine and strong UnCut release. Cool rolling ‘Output Control’ with great dubby elements as strong in ‘Places’ feat. Susannah. My deepest respect from Switzerland! Love it!”

Butane (Alphahouse / Crosstown Rebels) – “I like…charting ‘Output Control’ this month, killer tune.”

Chris Fortier (Fade / 40oz. / EQ Grey) – “‘Output Control’ is nice, but the Dan Drastic remix is even more interesting to me to play.”

Claude Von Stroke (Dirtybird / Mothership) – “Another solid release! Good to see you guys in Chicago!”

Dan Drastic (Highgrade Records / Moon Harbour) – “Nice remix ; )”

Daniel Dreier (Highgrade Records / Sender Records) – “The Dan Drastic Remix is the one for me!”

Daniel.fx (Highgrade / Trenton) – “Nice ones here…like the voice ; )”

Dave Martin (Immigrant / Technique) – “Loving both mixes of ‘Places’ as well as ‘Output Control’...full support, them pesky Siteholder kids have done it again!”

DJ Emerson (freakWaves / Kiddaz.fm / Sub Static) – “Yeah I like this…hella good! Full support from Berlin…UnCut keeps making da good stuff!”

Justin Gourley (GiantLA) – “This new release is solid, loving the housey vibes lately. My favorites are the original and ‘Output Control’ – will play both. The Dan Drastic remix too, could probably find a spot for that as well maybe early or late.”

Mark Henning (Soma Recordings) – “‘Output Control’ is nice and deep!”

Martin Abrahamsson of Donk Boys (Frankie Rec. / Trapez) – “‘Places’ original - nice Tejada/Palette vibes…me like! I will play it for sure! ‘Places’ remix - also cool, feels more like a tool track. ‘Output Control’ – lush, nice one... but ‘Places’ original is my favorite!”

Martin Landsky (Dessous / Poker Flat) – “Great release...I like all three tracks…full support!”

Mazi a.k.a. Audio Soul Project (Fresh Meat Records / Tuning Spork) – “Dan Drastic remix is the sh!t! I love his sonic choices. Will play and chart.”

Nicolas Duvoisin (Musique Unique Rec. / We Are Records) – “I love the Dan Dreastic Remix. I will play it for sure, great track for this summer!!!”

Nikola Baytala (Kontrol / Robsoul) – “Marc Cotterell delivers big on ‘Output Control’ here!!! Nice, dubby tech house vibe.”

Noah Pred (Thoughtless Music) – “Love the original – deep, bleepy goodness. ‘Output Control’ has a nice drive as well. Thanks for sending!”

Paco Osuna (Mindshake / Plus8) – “Nice EP as always.”

Patrick Bateman (Connect Four / Tic Tac Toe) – “Super sweet release! Love it!”

Paul Corey (209 Radio / Machinesarefunky) – “Prefer the Dan Drastic remix to the original, and possibly prefer ‘Output Control’ out of the package.”

Sean O’Neal a.k.a. Someone Else (Foundsound / Microcosm / Tuning Spork) – “I really like the groove in ‘Places’.”

Thomas Jaldemark of Donk Boys (Frankie Rec. / Trapez) – “Wow, ‘Places’ is a brilliant tune. Not really into so much vocal stuff usually but this sounds really nice. Both original tunes are a bit Tejada-ish, and that’s not a bad thing at all in my book!”

Tyler Stadius (Fabric) – “Funky, catchy, dirty grooves. Always happy to add a vocal like this in the mix.”

Xpansul (Discos De Lata / Plus 8 / Trapez) – “‘Output Control’ is nice and deep. Thanks!”