fck, I just the most mindblowing conversation.

- open
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

oblioblioblio wrote: I think livecollective would hate me (please don't hate me!)
ok to clarify a bit. i'm a white kinda suburban kid who might be found out of his tree a bit talking crap about 'what it all means'.

i've picked and choosen little elements from other cultures and am not fully in touch with my own culture and genetics.

i have an office kinda job and feel some motion sickness when trying to fit back into my regular routine. Also, I am very dependent on the very culture that I spend lots of my time complaining about.

who knows, maybe I'd hate me too if I was in your shoes, but somewhere in this weird personal mess of mine is someone trying to do his best sometimes.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

oblioblioblio wrote:flicking thru some of this, I think livecollective would hate me (please don't hate me!) and I have enjoyed Mister Shepard of Anu's contributions.
:)
i dont hate you or anyone really. You offer a lot of great insight on this forum, and seem to have a solid head on your shoulders. Where I disagree with this (burning man) frame of thought has to do with half-assed convictions.

I respect people who bring knowledge to the table. Even if I disagree with what they are saying, if said well then its deserving of my time.

You seem to be very different than the type of people I had been talking about. :D
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

but also, yes. I do agree that spirituality and weird personal/collective interpretations can often be quite ugly and paradoxical, but. ermm. well I'm not sure whata my point is exactly.

there's probably some interesting material to dig thru in the whole thing though.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

livecollective wrote: :)
i dont hate you or anyone really. You offer a lot of great insight on this forum, and seem to have a solid head on your shoulders. Where I disagree with this (burning man) frame of thought has to do with half-assed convictions.

I respect people who bring knowledge to the table. Even if I disagree with what they are saying, if said well then its deserving of my time.

You seem to be very different than the type of people I had been talking about. :D
nah no personal offence taken. I was just saying that I kinda fit into a lot of the things that you find disagreeable, and maybe I could give the impression that not all people who fit into this kinda spectrum are completely empty. (tho I do believe that probably some are)
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

oblioblioblio wrote:
livecollective wrote: :)

nah no personal offence taken. I was just saying that I kinda fit into a lot of the things that you find disagreeable, and maybe I could give the impression that not all people who fit into this kinda spectrum are completely empty. (tho I do believe that probably some are)

its a case by case situation. but i find a lot of these spiritual cats, utilize spiritualism as a sort of faux-intellectualism. This is where I have a problem.

Intellectualism and Spirituality should never cross paths, in my eyes. They are hugely different in nature. Associated with Burning Man style events you get a lot of under educated people clutching to spiritualism as a sort of totem pole of their intelligence.

Now when you encounter someone who has a sound understanding of spiritualism and is also well educated you can see the glaring difference between them and the GAIA shouting band-wagon jumping fools that will throw mysticism at you like its fact.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

livecollective wrote: its a case by case situation. but i find a lot of these spiritual cats, utilize spiritualism as a sort of faux-intellectualism. This is where I have a problem.

Intellectualism and Spirituality should never cross paths, in my eyes. They are hugely different in nature. Associated with Burning Man style events you get a lot of under educated people clutching to spiritualism as a sort of totem pole of their intelligence.

Now when you encounter someone who has a sound understanding of spiritualism and is also well educated you can see the glaring difference between them and the GAIA shouting band-wagon jumping fools that will throw mysticism at you like its fact.
yeah fully agree on the case by case thing. and yeah, I basically agree with a lot of what you are saying.

partly though, it is very difficult to talk about topics regarding faith without sounding like a complete dck, and so I am cautious about jumping to conlusions about people. But maybe if we swapped locations I would feel differently. I can definitely see how things can get messy and vastly irritating.

I dunno though. There's a lovely lady at my work who's is more in the 'blind faith' camp, and she is totally wonderful and with a very human deepness. Even if she cannot express herself with tricky intellectual constructs I wouldn't doubt what she says for a second. She loves cats and does the whole Reiki healing thing. She once tried it on a printer that wasn't working. I\m not sure if she was successful.

Slight tangent also... I disagee that spiritual and intellectual beliefs should never cross paths. (well, depending on what you mean with these words). It's wondrous that a lot of scientific research is harmonic with spiritual beliefs. I think in the future there will be further integration of these 2 sides, and it will seem more and more crazy that once upon a time they were seen as opposing forces.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

oblioblioblio wrote:
livecollective wrote: its a case by case situation. but i find a lot of these spiritual cats, utilize spiritualism as a sort of faux-intellectualism. This is where I have a problem.

yeah fully agree on the case by case thing. and yeah, I basically agree with a lot of what you are saying.

partly though, it is very difficult to talk about topics regarding faith without sounding like a complete dck, and so I am cautious about jumping to conlusions about people. But maybe if we swapped locations I would feel differently. I can definitely see how things can get messy and vastly irritating.

I dunno though. There's a lovely lady at my work who's is more in the 'blind faith' camp, and she is totally wonderful and with a very human deepness. Even if she cannot express herself with tricky intellectual constructs I wouldn't doubt what she says for a second. She loves cats and does the whole Reiki healing thing. She once tried it on a printer that wasn't working. I\m not sure if she was successful.

Slight tangent also... I disagee that spiritual and intellectual beliefs should never cross paths. (well, depending on what you mean with these words). It's wondrous that a lot of scientific research is harmonic with spiritual beliefs. I think in the future there will be further integration of these 2 sides, and it will seem more and more crazy that once upon a time they were seen as opposing forces.
What I am imparting with the Intellectualism and Spiritualism idea, is that one should not confuse spiritualism as a form of intelligence. More over, one should approach spiritualism with a basis in intellectualism. Approach it from a stand point of realism, logic and reason and not wispy hippy "fruh la la".

this isnt to deny the importance of spiritualism but rather to denote the difference between the two.
Jamesventuri
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jamesventuri »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:Venturi, Vito, why dont you go rub some grease in your hair or something.
wow, u iz srsly teh PwNmaSt3r IRL

anti italian racist flames ftw, RLY!!! SRSLY!!!!
------>>>>hey everybody : Im a fcking pedophile faggot

http://www.myspace.com/djjamesventuriofficial