Hugo (IT)

-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Hugo (IT)

Post by -ix »

Hailing from Turin in Italy, Hugo was really young when he had the perception that music is something more than an expression of art. While he was smoking and wondering on his balcony surrounded by the industrial landscapes of Mirafiori blocks, he got his flash of inspiration. After that, classically trained jazz musician Hugo, felt in love with electronic music during the 90's.

Though you can hear Funkadelic, Headhunters and Herbie Hancock behind the curtain, Hugo latest productions are conceived through profound emotional feeling and especially awareness of non-ordinary mental spaces. Following the tradition of his spiritual fathers, Hugo proposes a journey into his style of production. His music is slow, sexy, loose, riff-oriented and danceable.

In order to satisfy his thirst of new sounds, Hugo founded in 2006 Tonimusic Netlabel. Tonimusic is the place in which Hugo's sounds and rhythms have been transformed into a project. Through the works of its artists, Tonimusic Netlabel is proposing an interesting, rhythmic and danceable new form of house music.

Hugo is actually playing all around Europe, visiting the best clubs and festivals of the scene. Above all Goa Club in Rome, Watergate/Berlin, Fabric/London and festivals as Elettrowave festival/Florence, Panorama Festival/Naples. Music is not merely the sound, or the perception of sound, but a means by which perception, action and memory are organized. In Hugo’s live set the beat became more mechanical and the bass grooves became deeper, while elements of electronic funk, latin percussions and melodies are grafted over 4/4 beat. Hugo has been releasing his productions, constantly improving his ability to amalgamate distinct sounds into a cohesive whole. Hugo blends together the artificial and the organic, and uses tension and pacing for a powerful effect on the dancefloor.

After been released on some of the most interesting labels of the scene, Hartchef Discos, Enliven, Tuning Spork and Claque, Hugo’s works have been played by the best DJ’s worldwide. Hugo’s music is not a break with the electronic music of the past, but an extreme re-invention of the music of today.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hugo+(2)
http://www.myspace.com/therealhugo
http://tonimusic.com
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

Maybe my favorite producer of the moment. This guy never fails to impress me with every release.
Love him!
dafamily.eu
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dafamily.eu »

Big support for Hugo, for sure one of the best live set at the moment.
BIG BIG SUPPORT AND RESPECT!!!

Good music I dance, not good music I not dance!
jaco
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaco »

the men of the year :D
topperanza
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by topperanza »

he´s on fire!
(*)
...the last thing i remember is...

https://soundcloud.com/topper
boudo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boudo »

I love Hugos productions, but the fact that he's from italy and that pictures makes me think he is a fashion designer
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

boudo wrote:I love Hugos productions, but the fact that he's from italy and that pictures makes me think he is a fashion designer
So? The clothes on the dolls seems minimal enough to me..
jaco
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaco »

boudo wrote:I love Hugos productions, but the fact that he's from italy and that pictures makes me think he is a fashion designer
well he shows that is actually coming something fresh from italy these days...