Where's Perlon?

- open
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

mlexicon wrote:does this mean perlon will be available digitally via whatpeopleplay.com???
Good point.

I really hope it's not the case. I can't see it happening to be honest. besides, Perlon is just as much about the artwork/product as it is the music.

It will be a sad day if Perlon goes digital :(
ballyhoo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ballyhoo »

it would be a sad day indeed if perlon is forced to go digital because neuton went bankrupt.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

surely if a label says "no" to digital the distributor should respect their wishes.
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

I wouldn't hold my breath on the represses. It's hard to say what is happening with the rights, but unless Perlon was on top of things, its possible that Neuton or someone at the company may own the rights to the Perlon back catalog, which would hold them back from releasing re-issues.

I know this was often the case with Prime's closure. A lot of labels lost their money, their inventory, and their rights to the old label material. Maybe not being able to re-press a lot of that music was a good thing. Hahaha.
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:I wouldn't hold my breath on the represses. It's hard to say what is happening with the rights, but unless Perlon was on top of things, its possible that Neuton or someone at the company may own the rights to the Perlon back catalog, which would hold them back from releasing re-issues.

I know this was often the case with Prime's closure. A lot of labels lost their money, their inventory, and their rights to the old label material. Maybe not being able to re-press a lot of that music was a good thing. Hahaha.
i'd be surpised if Neuton had the rights to the back catalogue
if you have no p&d, the distro's only role is to distribute and has no exploitation rights whatsoever
those rights are only owned by the label

and even with a p&d, the distro shouldn't own any rights at all
they just press and distribute, the label holds all exploitation rights

the rights is something between the label and the artist
the distro has nothing to do with that... unless you signed a transfer of rights to the distro, but that would be a foolish thing to do!