[mountain 006] mountain people - mountain 006.1 / 006.2

- wax
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

anyone that thinks these are just tools clearly isn't utilizing their tracks very well.
ballyhoo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ballyhoo »

element.8 wrote:anyone that thinks these are just tools clearly isn't utilizing their tracks very well.
since mountain people003 was ubiquitously featured in just about every mix last year, can you point me to any mixes where it really sings as a track vs. when someone is using it merely as a tool?

i have the same problem with studio 1's keep on rocking. just can't get those tracks to mix right without them losing something, even though i consider both to be really swell tracks on their own.
A-Dreamer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by A-Dreamer »

going on the same note, you could conclude that Anonym - Detroit Huis (Brothers Vibe Rmx) is also a tool ?
mindful matters
soundcloud.com/son-der
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

Depends what your expecting from a Mountain People record. If you want a track to "sing"on it's own go buy a bunch of Villalobos or Luciano records. Prefarably the ones with that lame latino singing in it. Then you can sit back check your email and have a cup of joe and a smoke while the crowd looks at each other then play the next 20 min. borefest.
dzan
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dzan »

pff, it's not a tool.

anyway, great release. i love it.
loki33
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by loki33 »

yeah ! great especially the b-side !
Harrison
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harrison »

love this EP. spot on.
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

Coog wrote:Depends what your expecting from a Mountain People record. If you want a track to "sing"on it's own go buy a bunch of Villalobos or Luciano records. Prefarably the ones with that lame latino singing in it. Then you can sit back check your email and have a cup of joe and a smoke while the crowd looks at each other then play the next 20 min. borefest.
Got your point, but personally I find it sad you refer to Villalobos in such a bad way, as for me he is one of the dj's that plays minimal house on such a tool-kinda way...

Anyway, for me every track should be used as a tool. That just what makes this music so great...

Sorry for going off topic, but i like this record alot!:)