[Routine] 001 | various artists - routine one

- free art
DJ L'embrouille
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[Routine] 001 | various artists - routine one

Post by DJ L'embrouille »

the routine sublabel welcomes you with 4 tracks that honor its name. so as you might have figured, that means techno, mostly.

subco newcomer rvaggelen opens with a relatively soft and definitely groovy piece of music, "when she". warm pads and gentle leads make this pretty melodic, while the kicks are deep and hypnotising in a way, flavoured with a layer of minimal drumsounds.
the next track was recorded live, pretty much in one go, by jorn-c, in a way that was found unreproducable. it contains some glitches, but since it's good as it is and a studio version wasn't going to happen, it is released as it was made: raw live. it slowly builds up, taking you with it in it's drive.
forcesupreme also returns to this ep with his track "tunnel", that almost resembles the style of his oliver shine moniker. almost, but not entirely as its melodic content is more minimal and monotonous. it does have those magnificent breaks and the vibe we already know that has only been further perfected in the past months.
lastly, outgate's "take me back" for sure has "routine" written all over it. minimal, dark to the point of gloom, slow and incessantly driving, it creeps onward, not toward anything in particular, only to build something up and then slowly take it apart again.

enjoy!

a1 rvaggelen-when she
a2 jorn c-liquid tools (live)
b1 forcesupreme-tunnel[/url]
b2 outgate-take me back (original_mix)

Take me back sounds good ! :)

for download :arrow: sublogic corporation