mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JCH »

Just do a clean install with xp.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

JCH wrote:Just do a clean install with xp.
exactly, it really is no problem t all
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

patrick bateman wrote:
yes it is not a problem unless you buy a sony vaio or something with tons of features (for example tv receiver, fingerprint reader...) in this case you could possibly have some problems finding the drivers (some new hardware could have drivers only on vista).
just check this before you buy

if i had to buy a new laptop now i would go for something that comes with xp, but the choice is really not huge (maybe 10% if you are lucky)
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

4am wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
yes it is not a problem unless you buy a sony vaio or something with tons of features (for example tv receiver, fingerprint reader...) in this case you could possibly have some problems finding the drivers (some new hardware could have drivers only on vista).

if i had to buy a new laptop now i would go for something that comes with xp, but the choice is really not huge (maybe 10% if you are lucky)
I dont think its that simple,i know it isnt with mine (advent),loads of driver issues apparently
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

find the proper drivers then.
like how difficult can it be to find drivers for ur mobo, chipset, and soundcard? (most laptops have integrated lan, wifi and gpu anyway...)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
expitronic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by expitronic »

i bough a sony vaio a month or 2 ago
comes with vista home ultimatum pre installed
ok, it comes with alot of bling bling installed, but i just uninstalled all the crap i didn't need, and then installed, ableton live 7 , reason, and native komplete, bcr/bcf 2000 and a pcr 500
I must say, I have less (read none) problems then on my win xp prof desktop pc... so in my opinion I say a laptop with vista is good
I also disabled all the vista bling bling, so it just looks like win xp ...

if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask

grtz
dubgil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil »

kristofason wrote:
4am wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:

I dont think its that simple,i know it isnt with mine (advent),loads of driver issues apparently
why would anyone doing audio want all this extra junk on their machine anyway, my PC (tower) is XP minimal as in I've stripped everything I can possibly take out of XP, so I don't need many drivers except for my audio stuff...
hd substance
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

get a mac

Post by hd substance »

that's all you need
hd substance