RA.100 - Richie Hawtin

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

shypht wrote:And people need to stop letting nostalgia for the past blind them from possibilities of the future.
fair enough. I'm all for the technology and I'm not saying everyone must only play records. I would just argue that the underlying foundations of musicality - that which makes good music good - do not rapidly change, even as the technology does.... for me, at least.
minimalwyte wrote:miroslav, lmao. if only you could tell me im part of the problem standing next to me. your the problem dude. hawtin is the best, imma true fan. why cant i say that?
First off, I think the fact that you respond to differences of opinion with implications of your muscle size and veiled threats to physically harm others really says a lot about your level of maturity.

But I don't know you, of course, so let me rephrase it like this:

It seems that you are part of the problem because you appear willing to blindly wolf down anything thrown at you just because it's Hawtin (omg! he's GOD!), instead of thinking for yourself and forming your own opinion - good, bad, whatever - just based on the music. This sort of mentality is what allows good DJs to become lazy.

But it's cool if that's the way you want to do it; you're obviously free to say whatever you want. Those of us who have been in this game for a long time - who listen, DJ, produce, AND think for ourselves - will just know to discount your opinion.

End of story for me...beyond here, we just have to agree to disagree. And pls save yourself the trouble of responding with belittling comments or threats of what you would do if you were standing next to me, etc. because I just won't respond to them.
Last edited by miroslav on Tue May 06, 2008 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

element.8 wrote:http://www.contakt-events.com/

as if these guys couldn't get any more pretentious...
This is a joke right?!
I'll be first in line to get my RFID chipped M_nus card as soon as the government gets done putting one in my arm.

M-nus=New World Order The end is near!!! :lol:
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

Nobody moaned when Daft Punk did the same thing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_ ... unk_album)

Early versions of the album included a "Daft Club" membership card. The card included a code which granted access to an online music service, which featured tracks later released on the album of the same name and Alive 1997.

This whole cube thing seems a bit naff to me, but I'm sure there will be things like exclusive downloads of mixes, new tracks etc so could be worth a peek!
! D u D e !
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ! D u D e ! »

Really boring. Personally I really miss the technoish sound from Hawtin's 2004 or older sets. Today is too click&cut&loop&bleep&bloop.
Malas Vais
tettezak
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tettezak »

Magda looks hot though.. Just a sidenote. :P
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

tettezak
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tettezak »

(I officially suck major ass at photo editing :D)
faunty
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by faunty »