mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

reaktor 5 or max/msp
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

nathan_fr wrote:thing is, use one synth, whatever it is, but you got to know how it works really deeper. I mean, If you know how to use really well a synth, you can make everything you want.

I'm using Linplug albino 2 (not 3), RGC zeta+, sometimes Novation BassStation and sonic charge microtonic (awesome by the way).

Anyway, sometimes I'm doing something weird. I'm using kick samples to make sub bassline, someone have already do that ? (It sound pretty good).

Of course, there are audio FX,EQ and editing on the kick ...
a lot of minimal is made from making sub basslines from kicks... percussive basslines i would call it

with a few efx you can get a nice glide effect between the kicks/toms and it gives a wicked gloooooopy feel. Woobly but not without an lfo being used.
nathan_fr
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nathan_fr »

livecollective wrote:
nathan_fr wrote:thing is, use one synth, whatever it is, but you got to know how it works really deeper. I mean, If you know how to use really well a synth, you can make everything you want.

I'm using Linplug albino 2 (not 3), RGC zeta+, sometimes Novation BassStation and sonic charge microtonic (awesome by the way).

Anyway, sometimes I'm doing something weird. I'm using kick samples to make sub bassline, someone have already do that ? (It sound pretty good).

Of course, there are audio FX,EQ and editing on the kick ...
a lot of minimal is made from making sub basslines from kicks... percussive basslines i would call it

with a few efx you can get a nice glide effect between the kicks/toms and it gives a wicked gloooooopy feel. Woobly but not without an lfo being used.
yes of course, I was just wondering if I was the only one who is doing that ;)
neverever
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by neverever »

logic's ES2 is my weapon :)
VanillaCamilla
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by VanillaCamilla »

z3ta is great for very low end stuff. but i agree that you can get good bass out of almost any synth if you know it very well.
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

I know a certain well know mnml producer who digs LS1.... god i wish i had logic.....
tzusing
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tzusing »

Storlon wrote:heuu, am i the only one who use the wonderfull Zebra II for bass and many many other things ?
no you arn't. that is my fav synth. so so versatile and so easy to program. zebra II, the programming one guy did, kicks the sh!t out of all these companies with huge teams. i don't get it.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

Minimonsta is very good for alot of things, bass also!